How come Sellers can not leave Negative/Neutral Feedback?

Sorry if I missed an announcement or prior post, but how come sellers can not leave Negative or Neutral feedback here? I personally have not had any issues yet, but just wondering why it isn't available.

Also, if a seller gets negative feedback, can the seller respond/reply on the feedback posted against them or have an admin look into it?

Or are we as sellers just left with the one sided deal on this (only positive feedback can be left) ?

Again, sorry if this has been brought up and I missed it.
Thanks!

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I "Think" its so buyers dont feel pressured into leaving only positive feedback for fear of getting a negative rating.

That logic is kinda dumb in a few ways though.

A customer can give you just as bad a experience as a seller can, but yet we can only reward them. I was kinda... "bitched" out here a few days ago because i was told that i "assumed if buyers didnt leave feedback it was an ok experience for them" but yet we are kinda forced to give them positive feedback because its ok to assume that its ok for us.
  • No one "forces" you - "kinda" or otherwise - to leave feedback for anyone. If the experience with your buyer was not positive for you, then you don't have to leave any feedback for them at all. Simple.

That being said, I too would like sellers to have the ability to give non-positive feedback to buyers. 99% of buyers are great. It is the 1% I would like others to know about, and for other sellers to warn me about.

Thor
  • In many ways the traditional eBay-type feedback system is pretty worthless. I know when I buy on eBay or BL I usually ignore it. A feedback score shows one thing - volume. That's it.

Something more valuable would be along the lines of:

Seller Feedback
    Total Lifetime Sales 3,201
    Problems Registered by Buyers 12
    Resolutions Agreed 11
    Problems Registered by Seller 20
    Resolutions Agreed 20

Buyer Feedback
    Total Lifetime Purchases 39
    Problems Registered by Sellers 1
    Resolutions Agreed 1
    Problems Registered by Buyer 22
    Resolutions Agreed 9

What this says is that this person has had only 12 complaints from 3,201 sales, of which 11 were amicably resolved. But the same person has raised 22 complaints when making 39 purchases from other users. This is unacceptably high and would likely result in sellers wanting to avoid doing business with them.

No feedback system is perfect but one where someone has to be cajoled or bribed into leaving positive feedback has an inherent fault built into it

I suspect the reason why sellers cannot leave a negative or a neutral feedback about a buyer is because some sellers, in the past, used that to stop people raising complaints. "If you try a chargeback I'll leave you a neg and destroy your 100% feedback score." - at the end of the day a chargeback may well have been reasonable in the circumstances, but some buyers would have been bribed into foregoing their rights.
  • Would be interesting, removing feedback at all and replacing it with this system. Id still like to see people's "comments" on my store, as I love reading feedbacks!

But the numbers wouldn't depend on those "comments".
  • No one "forces" you - "kinda" or otherwise - to leave feedback for anyone. If the experience with your buyer was not positive for you, then you don't have to leave any feedback for them at all. Simple.
    Thor
    /facepal. i dont even know what to say to you anymore. It should be so simple but you seen intent on just disagreeing with me i guess. Youll even bitch at me for something... then turn around and say the SAME THING you mocked me for.

Not leaving feedback isnt really an options as it helps NO ONE. plus to not leave feedback your having to guess what users think... pretty sure you complained to me about this already. You shoudnt be forced to just not leave feedback or leave only negative feedback. Please do me a favor and just stop commenting on my posts and ill do the same for you. If all your going to do is complain about what i say in one post... then say the same thing in another post.
  • Sigh... Poor baby. Eric, this may be hard for your ego to accept, but I really don't think about you enough to be "intent on disagreeing with" you. In your delusions of persecution or imagining me to have some bias against you, I guess you missed the part in my above post where I actually agreed with you when I wrote "I too would like sellers to have the ability to give non-positive feedback to buyers". I just disagreed with the idea that anyone is "forced" to leave feedback. Agreeing with some of what you say is not posting the "same thing" as you. Just like disagreeing with some of what you say is not mocking you for what you posted. You really do seem to have some personal issues with those you think disagree with you.

I agree (again)... Not leaving feedback helps no one. In particular, not leaving feedback for problem buyers surely does not help sellers who later have to deal with those buyers. As a seller, I would love to know if any of my buyers have caused problems for other sellers in the past.

Please do me a favor and stop imagining slights or that you are important enough for me to "complain" about what you post. I simply disagree with some things you post, and agree with other things you post. Contrary to what you might think, it is not personal. You, however, seem determined to make things needlessly personal. Call it what you like... Let's just agree to sometimes disagree, and sometimes agree.

Thor
  • Thor I agree that you're very condescending at times. It's a little embarrassing to be honest watching one grown-up talk to another the way you sometimes do. Behaviour like this can and often does turn toxic very quickly.
  • That being said, I too would like sellers to have the ability to give non-positive feedback to buyers. 99% of buyers are great. It is the 1% I would like others to know about, and for other sellers to warn me about.

Why? Treating customers differently based on gossip is Bad Business. Might well be illegal too.
    Think about a bricks-and-mortar store with a "rogues gallery"- how would that play out? Not well at all.

Behavior like this can and often does turn toxic very quickly.

It's the sort of behavior that can sometimes result in a lifetime posting ban.
  • Hoddie, do you really think it helps diffuse the situation when you take sides like this? By doing so, you have just reinforced Eric's delusions of being persecuted. I get condescending when people make things needlessly personal. Please tell me, BEFORE Eric went off the deep end with his facepalm post, what did I write in this thread that was "condescending"?

I am sorry, but I don't appreciate people who whine and play the martyr and cry about being mocked and attacked when nothing of the sort happened. I have opinions and I express them bluntly. If Eric cannot simply accept our occasional differences without ascribing something nefarious and personal to them, he should follow his own advice and stop responding to me.

And Tim... I don't consider non-positive feedback given by a seller for a transaction they actually experienced to be "gossip". Nor do I consider it "bad business" to take such feedback into consideration when deciding how to deal with a particular customer (e.g. requiring insurance and tracking for their order). And it certainly is not illegal. I will ignore the other bait in your post.

Thor
  • You are not Eric's teacher or parent, it is not up to you to force a change in his opinion. Disagree with him by all means but there's no need to try and belittle him over a difference of opinion, no matter how misguided you think he is. If you think he's completely loopy then just pass on by and let the tumbleweed take hold.
  • edited January 2014 Vote Up0Vote Down
    This is a forum for th discussion of Brick Owl and Lego related topics. Take your personal disagreements outside.
This discussion has been closed.