Lot history

As I understand it lot history is culled so as only the original creation entry and the most recent entries are retained.

Is it possible to change this so that entries where the personal note changed are also retained, regardless of how old? It's useful to have a history of where a lot has been kept sometimes, in case items aren't where you expect them to be.

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Yes, this would be useful
  • Yes please! Or at least keep always the previos personal note.
  • Sometimes I don't know where a certain part in my inventory comes from, so I rely on the lot history. Unfortunately, only the last 19 entries (plus the original one) are there, so I would like to have part-out entries (Quantity changes) retained as well. Changes of price or sale percent are not essential to me.
  • Although it would be helpful to retain all/more of the store lot history, the table is already very large with the current limitation. This would likely have some performance consequences that I don't think we can justify.
  • I was just thinking about this this morning. Instead of retaining the all the previous location notes, can you amend each new one to something like: Personal note changed to A58 (was S23).
  • I like this latest idea from Hoddie, don't know if its doable, but would be useful
  • IMO lot location is a sellers problem, not BO's. To sell on BO there is no need for BO to keep track of lot locations. Only the seller needs lot locations locally in his warehouse in order to pick an order, which does not involve BO in any way. On top of that, if selling on multiple OMP's it would not help either and locations need to be kept/maintained local anyway.
    Therefore I am not in favor of adding any features of this kind, if it consumes more resources and performance of BO at the cost of other features supporting sales.
  • @padpendlego - many of BO's wonderful settings and analytics technically aren't needed, but they sure make this site better than many.

I personally wouldn't find much use for this feature as I rarely change my lots' locations, but I can see how it can clearly benefit others, so I'm for it!
  • I feel like we already have a lot history of the private comments... if you consider a lot a BO entry of a specific color and condition, you can click the history tab and see every change you ever made including changes to your personal notes... am I missing something here? I feel like I am - I use this more often than I'd like to see where an item was last stored in case it's not where I say it should be. :-) (sorry if I'm having a massive blond moment!).
  • I can understand the need for location history, especially if one has many lots. In general over the past years I didn't because my inventory was quite specialized old pat pend parts and there aren't many different of. At this moment my shop is almost empty so who knows in time.
    I am using the personal note very differently though, without need of history at all. On first upload I put my own product id in the personal note, to ensure myself of a reliable link between the BO inventory and backend inventory. Independent of id's generated by BO (or other OMP). The product is never changes once uploaded, hence no need for history.
    So, I do not oppose to the suggestion as long as it doesn't degrade any other feature.
  • @Calibrick when the listing is created the history doesn't show the original remark. So if I create a listing and have AA-1 in the remark then later change it to AA-2, the history will say "remark changed to AA-2" but it won't show that the original remark was AA-1; the AA-1 is completely gone from the lot history.
  • @firestar246, thank you for the explanation! :-)
This discussion has been closed.