Brick Owl Home Page

A few questions about the Brick Owl home page.

Is the 'Featured' section the same for everyone?

The 'Popular Stores' shows 14 stores from various countries. Could we also have a list for 'Popular Stores' based on the country the user is from? I'm viewing on my iPad and there's a big space below 'Popular Stores' and 'Recent Blog Posts' on the right. I'm guessing this could look different depending on what the user is viewing BO on.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • True thing, there is a space there that could be filled with something.

I think that the popular stores is the same for everyone. What could be more interesting would be show popular stores only if they ship to me, as the country thing... good for USA and UK, but in Spain there are only 2-3 stores, no use. The only mod to that that I could see happening would be stores that ship to your country.

How were the popular stores calculated again?
  • There was a post somewhere with a bit of info. on what it meant, but I missed it.
  • All the top 14 stores ship to uk, I guess that could be different if your in Spain, France etc.

Having just looked on that other site, I've counted about 30 countries with 20 or more stores so I'm sure Brick Owl will get there.

Maybe it's something for the future. Just thought it might help some of the stores who are unlikely to break into that top group of 14 but could make the top 14 uk etc.

Would be nice to know how the top 14 is worked out and if it makes much difference to sales if your in the top 14 and then drop out. Anyone had that happen to them?
  • I was in the top 14 with my small store (35000 items). I think it has a lot to do with the amount of sales or orders. My sales and orders went down during Christmas to about 50 orders in this 30 day period. I was on holiday that period. Now my orders are slow climbing to 70 orders in a 30 day period. So I'm curious when I will be back in the top 14.

Frank
  • edited January 2014 Vote Up0Vote Down
    All those blocks are the same for everyone. I do intend to tailor stuff, the usual kind of "you looked at this, so we think you like this" style of things. At the moment all the homepage is quite basic, that's usually something that gets refined over time.