Add an Option to Leave Feedback from the Feedback tab

As a seller, I tend to leave feedback after the buyer has, so that I know everything is OK.

It would be useful to be able to leave feedback (preferably mass feedback) directly from the Feedback tab... so in response to feedback already left.

Currently, either have to do them individually from the Feedback tab, by clicking into each order & then clicking to leave feedback, or looking through a long list of all orders, selecting those that have left feedback.

Thanks

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You can do it from the order list. Either click on the speech marks on the right of the order line to do an individual order or select a number of orders using the select boxes on the left and then use the feedback option from the dropdown menu.
  • Sorry, I didn't read read that properly, I see your point now.
  • You can, but I find it quite awkward... as I mentioned you have to look through a long list of orders and pick out the ones that have left feedback already.

If the same functionality could be added to the Feedback tab, it would be much simpler as it already has the list of orders there.
  • Would you be able to elaborate on the reasons for only leaving feedback for the customer after seeing the customer has left feedback for the store?
  • I feel the appropriate time to leave feedback is after the buyer has. Then you know that the order has arrived and the buyer is happy.

With my buyers hat on, the vast majority of my purchases are the same... I generally only receive feedback, once I have left feedback for the seller.
  • While there is no right or wrong here... so this is just my personal, respectful opinion... as a seller, I always leave feedback immediately upon fulfillment of the order. The customer's only job is to pay me, so if I received payment appropriately, then they've done their job and all is well. There really is no other basis to leave feedback re a customer in a normal transaction (again, my opinion only), so I just leave the feedback when I fill and don't sweat it.

I do see why some sellers do this... there are people that use the feedback form on occasion as a problem resolution tool vs. ranking the complete experience from their POV. But then again, what is the value of holding on feedback? If the a customer didn't receive an optimal experience, or something went awry, etc., or you have that incredibly rare customer who is just a massive jerk for no good reason, we sellers have the option to respond to that feedback for all to see. :-)

From the customer POV, I've bought from sellers that don't leave feedback until after I have left them feedback. I have always felt that seemed kind of "transactional" - don't I deserve feedback for successfully paying them? I mean, that's my only role here in this process, really. I have even seen cases of "feedback blackmail", if you will - sellers up-front stating they only leave feedback if you leave them GOOD feedback (on another platform). From a customer POV, I find that tremendously off-putting - I gave you my hard-earned money, what more do you want from me? ;-)

Just offering a few different perspectives for consideration; again, there is no right or wrong here obviously. :-)
This discussion has been closed.