New US members paying with Stripe and address showing including County?

I have had at least three new members who made purchases in the past couple of days, using Stripe, where the County shows where traditionally the City would and the City or Town are then listed in the line above. Is this a new feature or did I click a setting accidentally? Each time I copy the address to my shipping platform I have to delete the County since that isn't needed for US based mail. Thanks

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • To further clarify, I now see it happened on a recent new member paying with PayPal so maybe it is a setting I flipped? If someone knows how to change it back I would appreciate it. Thanks again
  • Would you be able to give some more information about the exact issue with the address? Are you referring to the address on the order page itself, or something else?
  • I've noticed this too. The country - in local language - is recorded in the middle of the address. Hadn't noticed they were all Stripe payments though. I've just been deleting that line before printing but if you use some auto print function it will look a little weird.
  • Yes, it would be when I view the order page and the shipping and billing addresses. Our most recent order #1248317 has McGregor on the third line and McLellan County on the forth line along with the state and zip. It should read as McGregor in place of McLellan and only be three lines in total.
    I debated if you had updated it to allow for those that need to track counties for tax purposes?
  • Oh, I bet thats the new address auto complete thing! Could you both give me some more order numbers I can look at to try and work out how I may need to implement that differently?
  • Sure, it also happened on 1155360 and 1155291. All of them have been new members and I only noticed it in the last couple of days. Thanks
  • +1 been noticing this as well. Order #1156224 is another example (also new).
  • 1155975 was the last one I had.
  • Maybe it explains the double address (number and street) in 8639328 as well.
    County issue (?) in 5127271
  • edited February 2021 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Okay, I've spent a lot of time working through different addresses and optimising this. It now "mostly" works correct (Except for 1156224) on 20 or so worldwide test cases.

If users possibly have time, it could be helpful to try some addresses in your address book just to see what the system gives back

The issue is the address data format varies for every address, and there is no authoritative source on "correct" addresses for the world, so there's a lot of guesswork and test cases.
  • It's a long time since I looked at the UPU manual but I believe it contains an official example address for every country. It's impossible to condense them down into a universal example though.

https://www.upu.int/UPU/media/upu/files/UPU/aboutUpu/acts/manualsInThreeVolumes/actInThreeVolumesManualOfConventionMaj1En.pdf