Flat Dark Gold

I've recently come across some Flat Dark Gold pieces in bulk/random box purchases, but I can't find any of the parts actually listed within any sets inventory.

The 3 parts in particular I have are;
BOID 983999-21 Spiny Leg (15064)
BOID 459306-21 Minifigure Light Saber Hilt (64567)
BOID 961948-21 Plate 1 x 1 Round (4073)

So I'm wondering where are these Flat Dark Gold parts coming from?

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It's most likely not flat dark gold; that color is unique to bionicle parts I'm pretty sure. What you're seeing the variation of color that pearl gold comes in. Many of Lego colors do have slight variations, but pearl gold has the biggest, with at least two distinct shades within itself.
  • Agree ^^ flat dark gold was never used for those parts, at least not released publicly, though their creation for Legoland or some other project cannot be completely discounted. I suspect provenance would be required in order to sell them as flat dark gold in this case though.

The colour was mostly used in constraction figures (like Bionicle and Knights Kingdom) but did see some use in a niche Duplo line too I believe.

Pearl Gold has two distinct shades - I call them dull and flat. Dull are almost but not quite monochrome, easily recognised as Pearl Gold. Flat, in the right light, can be confused for Metallic Gold but on closer examination are noticeably different. Most sellers don't distinguish between the two variants but some do.
  • 15064 was first released in 2014 and flat dark gold was last used in mid 2000s (2005?) so that's definitely pearl gold.
  • Thank you guys.
    I've never come across variations in Pearl Gold, hence me thinking it must be a different colour.

I just cancelled and refunded an order for the 983999 Spiny Legs as they are so different when placed alongside all my other Pearl Gold parts.

Makes it quite tricky for sellers as I would totally expect a buyer to complain about it being the wrong colour... which is why I cancelled the order.
  • Actually, I think most people are aware of the color difference and as such expect it. I have had only a couple people question the color and once I explained they were fine. I usually try to give the customer the same shade if possible, but then again, I don't even know if the shade I'm giving them is the same shade they already have.