Selling from UK to EU (no doubt again!)

Hi, can someone please clarify the current situation with selling from the UK to EU member states? I have read through numerous threads on here but can't find the answer.

My understanding is that there is still no VAT on orders under €22.00 until July 1st so I have set my automated shipping limits to £19.00 for Europe which is currently about right.
However, what happens with orders over €22.00? Are Brick Owl adding the VAT automatically or do customers get a VAT bill when they receive the items, in which case is there a handling charge whacked on top?
I have been adding the CN22 sticker to orders but so far (until today) I have had no orders over the €22.00 threshold. I have now been asked for a shipping quote for a larger order, which I have sent off but put a note mentioning VAT their end but don't have a clue how it is actually handled.

With regards to orders going the other way, i.e. in this case if I order from outside the UK, my understanding is that Brick Owl add the VAT for orders, presumably up to £135.00, but as yet I haven't ordered anything from outside the EU or from the EU this year. I'm sure this would be made clear when ordering anyway and appears to be what Brick Owl/the forum is saying.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Marcus.

Comments