How do people get informed that an item on their Wishlist is now available?

Let's assume I put something in the store, how can I inform the world and the people who have it on their Whishlist, that it is available or does BrickOwl do that by itself?

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Make a wishlist and find out! Best way to learn is being a customer.
  • Way ahead of you on that one, but still does not answer my question.
    I know I get emails from others, but how does that work?
  • When you add something to a wishlist you are given the option of being notified when a match is found. This is a customer, rather than seller, generated choice. As a seller the only clue that anybody is interested is on the catalog entry where it states if it's in any wishlist, however I cannot see who those people are. Depending on their notification preferences they will be notified by email (I believe the next day) and it is up to them how they follow it up.
  • Old post, but glad i found it.
    I have just listed the set 7783 and since i am the only one selling this, i wandered this as well, since i can see that 49 people have it on their wishlist.

So thanks Jay37 for that, i have never actually noticed that little "box".
    Now apart from that, what about maybe as a seller be able to send out an email to these wishlist ?
    I do not need to know who they are, could it be something automatic to let people know ? If or if not they have ticked the box.
  • Anyone with wish list notifications setup will receive a wish list notification about the item. Wish list notifications are on by default.
  • Okay nice.
    Because when i try to add something on a wishlist that is not for sale, i just get a red "no entry" icon over the box where i should click for notification. So it would look like i can not get a notification if and when said item comes for sale!
  • That's probably because you've turned off notifications for that wishlist
  • Aha... thanks for that :-)