Postage prices ?

This is a genuine question that could not be answered in the help page, I have had one person who has ordered alot and alot of peices and has got it all for 4 pound and only 1 pound postage,, it is clear to me that it is going to be more to post, how can I change that in settings but not affect other peoples orders for say less peices, as I don't want orders with 100 peices only costing postage 1 pound, but same goes to if I was too change it for the people that order 4 peices and have to pay the price that the high peice orders are paying, hope this makes sense, many thanks

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You need to set your weights and prices for your shipping method(s) at...
    https://www.brickowl.com/mystore/settings/shipping_methods

So you can set a 'from' weight and 'to' weight and charge x.xx for it,
    then set another 'from' weight and 'to' weight and charge x.xx for it etc.

Made up example...
    From 0g to 80g, £1
    From 80.01g to 220g £2

You need to look up the actual price and weight bands on the Royal Mail website for your shipping method... but remember to set your weights lower than the actual weights to allow for packaging materials.
  • In the ,,from and ,,, to ,,, section they have a £ pound logo, shall I still enter it as grams
  • You can download the current Royal Mail prices here https://www.royalmail.com/current-postage-prices

As Beaverbrick says you need to set different prices for different weights. It really doesn't matter how many pieces they're buying, Royal Mail will charge you depending on the weight of the package so you need to do the same. You may also need to create different shipping methods for different sizes of package. Most of my orders are quite small and are posted as large letters but occasionally I send out an order that has to go as a small parcel which is more expensive. Some individual bricks are large enough that they have to go as a small parcel. And remember to set the dimensions on your shipping methods lower than the actual allowed size to allow for the packaging.
  • Re the £ in the from and to boxes, I believe that's because you selected price band at the top when you created the shipping method, it should be weight band. I also think that once you've set that you can't change it so you'll have to create a new shipping method and then delete the old one.