2 quick questions

1) Can you search the forum? I can't find that anywhere!! -- which leads me to this probably answered question;
2) Is there a setting to stop retaining lots once they are sold out? I just realized I have tens of thousands of empty lots with old pricing, locations, etc...

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited February 2021 Vote Up0Vote Down
    As an answer to your first question, the search bar is right below where you click on the different categories. See screenshot below. I am not sure about the second question, but I don't think there is, I think you have to do it manually.
  • edited February 2021 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I think you just have to delete the lots.
  • Thanks!! -- now to search for that 2nd answer :) .. brb
  • Yup... looks like it was discussed back in 2018-2019 but there wasn't enough clear direction for a change to be implemented. I understand the value of retaining 'dead' lots for some people's system and not for others. Hopefully this will become an opt in/opt out feature at some point. For now, off to manually delete them. No big deal once in a while.
  • If you go to My Store > Inventory > Scroll to Other > Empty Lot>180 days. Click this and it will show a categorised list. Tick 'All' (may take a few seconds depending on the list size), scroll down and select 'Delete' from the Mass Inventory Update. I've never done this, so others may be able to confirm this works as it should.
  • @Jay37 is correct about using the delete option but not the Empty Lot bit (or I should say, I can't find that). On your store inventory page https://www.brickowl.com/mystore/inventory there is a filter on the left for zero quantity, that will show your list of empty lots, then select all and choose the mass update delete option.
  • @Mrs Swoop The Empty Lot>180 days, I'm guessing, only shows up if you have empty lots that have been like that for more than half a year. Given that I only deal with zero lots when I come across them while adding stock, as opposed to making a point of dealing with them en masse, that might explain why I have that option. If you are more on the ball this probably never shows up :)
  • @Jay37 that would explain why I don't see it
  • I add my stock via bricksync/brickstock so I rarely look at my inventory in BrickOwl that way. I deleted them en masse (over 30k items... it was like a trip down memory lane looking at all the different location remarks I've had over the years)

After I completed the mass deletion my inventory looked off (like missing about 90% of my lots), but it looked ok after a while. Bricksync was still seeing the full inventory so I wasn't worried.

Next -- any idea how to put all of my "parts" (as opposed to sets, figs, etc.) on sale?
  • Ignore that last question ... figured that out :smiley: