Shipping Method Question

I am curious if there is a way to account for box weight within the shipping bands. I lose a lot of money on shipping once the order progresses from bubble mailer to box. I have a few different size boxes I use based on the volume of the order. Most commonly used are a 3 oz. and a 6 oz. box. I see that I can limit a specific band by volume and theoretically I could create another band for the increased volume. What I do not see though is how to add an additional 3 oz. or 6 oz. based on which box I may use. Any ideas? Am I missing something?

Thanks for the help.
PP

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The weight bands you use should account for the weight of the packaging and then you predict when you would need the small or the bigger box. For a 2 oz. order you would use a bubble mailer (1 oz) so for a 2 oz order you would charge the USPS rate for a 3 oz. package. Orders that are 10 oz. may need to be shipped in a small box so the shipping rate you charge for a 10 oz. order would be the rate for a 13 oz. package. As a result your weight bands would have a couple of bigger changes in the shipping cost where your shipping materials switch from a bubble mailer to the small box and from the small box to the bigger box.

Gerrit