How to get orders

Hi all, I just started my stor a couple days ago and have added over 100 pieces ( I know that's not enough) but I was wonder how to get orders more often as I uavent had any at all, feel free to look at my store. DansBricksUk

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Welcome to Brick Owl, it's a good place to be.
    You said it yourself, you need more stock. If you only have a few pieces it's less likely that you will have what someone wants. Also buyers will be trying to get the pieces that they want from as few stores as possible to reduce the postage costs, so if you have a couple of pieces that they want and someone else has those plus a few more then overall it's probably cheaper to buy elsewhere.
    Having a minimum order value will also restrict your orders. A lot of stores do have one so they don't have to deal with smaller orders but you may want to rethink that until you've got a good selection of stock.
    Good luck with the store, we were all new stores once.
  • Of course, it could also be that your prices are high and your shipping is £10
  • You're welcome. Sorting out your shipping methods is a tricky business to start with. If you need some pointers on that this is a good place to ask, or have a search through the forum for old threads, plenty of us have had to ask for help before.
  • Personally, I think opening a store before it is adequately stocked, is a bit counter productive. When we originally started we opened with a 1000ish items and the orders only tricked in. We put to hold for a few weeks and worked on building up stock. We reopened at around 5000 but orders really only starts coming in when we hit 10,000. If i was doing to again then I would try to start with a stock around 10,000 parts and work from there.

Good luck with your store!
  • I would also say price your stock fair and resist the temptation to run sales, as this just sells your better items cheap. If you have good stock level, a good range of lots then the orders will start to come.