Royal Mail Click & Drop

For our UK stores, I wanted to get an idea of how many stores are currently making use of the Click & Drop website? Is this now the main way that stores post orders, or are stores largely still using the post office itself?

We have seen there is an API now for Click & Drop that we can integrate with, if this is something that would be of use to stores

Comments

• 30 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • For me I'm still using the post office, and am quite happy to continue queuing. My local postmaster has mentioned Click and Drop to me in the past, but it never felt like I personally would get much benefit. However, if there is an API that might make the process a bit more streamlined, I'd be interested to see how it would work in practice.
  • Integration would be useful as I have my eBay linked and I use it for my stripe orders or when PayPal postage is not working
  • this would help me out massively, as I mainly use click and drop. my local post office is also the local shop and it takes forever to post a few orders that way
  • At the moment I use Drop & Go (or just queue) at the Post Office but I have been considering Click & Drop. If BO can integrate with it that would make it a more attractive option.
  • Yes please we’d be very interested in this. Currently a manual process. Also largely avoids the need for Post Office visits too.
  • I use Click & Drop as well as a Drop & Go account at the Post Office. I would be interested in this too.
  • We currently have a great relationship with our local post master. We drop the parcels and he sorts during the day. Works exceptionally well. He does this for a few regular customer. We have known him for a good number of years. Unfortunately he has sold the business and retires shortly so we were thinking of going to use click and drop when he does. So we are definitely interested!
  • Can anyone who currently uses Click & Drop confirm... can you get proof of posting for standard 1st & 2nd Class large letters through C&D?
    When I've previously looked at using it, I was put off by the fact you could not get proof of postage unless you went into the post office (unless it was a tracked service or parcel).
    Thanks
  • @beaverbrick

Unfortunately you do not get proof of postage with Click & Drop unless, as you say, you take it into the Post Office.
  • We take our post to our local Council run business centre. They frank it for us and it is collected from there.
  • Click and drop doesn't work for me particularly. Small jiffy bags I normally just post with a stamp. Items that are expensive or heavier I would normally want proof of posting and would have to go to the PO anyway, so negates most of the benefits of C&D.
  • edited February 2021 Vote Up0Vote Down
    This has now been implemented, if anyone would like to try that out. If you go to your order settings page, you can enter your API Key. You will then see a button on an individual order to send the order to Click & Drop. This is the only interaction with Click & Drop, so you don't need to worry about the system automatically sending anything to them.
  • I have tried it a few times but i just keep getting error messages.
  • Did you enable the address book reference checkbox on the integration? I would recommend leaving all the checkboxes unchecked on the Royal Mail side
  • Yes it works great thanks for helping :)
  • Now working for me too,thanks Lawrence
  • Do you know how long until the status icon on Royal Mail takes to turn green? Mines still red. Brill idea Lawrence, will help a load.
  • Done, didn't click update lol
  • Works fine here 👍
  • Done my first one this morning, works a treat, such a great tool :)
  • Works like a dream. Excellent improvement!
  • :) excellent, glad it’s helpful.
  • Fantastic Improvement!! - Just one potential issue for me (not Brickowl's fault).

I make use of the Tag to indicate what postage format and weight of the item is so that I can batch apply postage at end of day. Unfortunately, after the order is created RM don't seem to allow the addition or editing of tags. Would there be a way to pass a tag across somehow?

For what it worth I have raised a request with RM to allow adding editing tags after order creation.
  • Is it possible for the postage class to be applied when the order is sent to Click&Drop. I'm manually adding that info at the moment.
  • I’m not sure, I think that’s dependant on the format and weight which we don’t really know. It would probably be a bit involved to be able to automate all that through Brick Owl
  • Minor cosmetic request to aid workflow.. Would it be possible to disable the Click & Drop button once it has been clicked to successfully transfer an order please? Or change colour of the button in some way to indicate that it has already been clicked?

This would prevent multiple clicks and having to log into the Royal Mail site to check if an order had been transferred already.

Would clicking it twice result in a duplicate please?

Thanks
  • @Ems Bricks Actually, I remember I think there are some tools on Click&Drop you can use on the website itself, to apply rules, which can then automatically apply postage or something similar

@BrickingAmazing If you have any suggestions, the best thing to do would be to create a new suggestion for those in the relevant section of the forum
  • I've just started using Click & Drop and this works very nicely, thank you.
  • I am using my local Post Office. I would like to keep the small Post Offices open - so many have closed in our small town so I am supporting them :-)