Mysterious or maybe not so mysterious astronauts.

Hi everyone, I was rummaging through some old Lego and found not one but two of these two astronauts however when I look on the site they seem to have very similar looking astronauts but they’re not the same as the torso has different details- shown in the photos.
Help plz! 😄

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Curious. I've drawn a blank. Is it possible they are a clone brand? Is there a LEGO logo on the top of the neck? If not then it may not be genuine.
  • Just had a look and realised there’s no Lego mark. :( 😂Thanks for your help anyway!
  • But the helmets and visors seem to be genuine, since some theme called Mission Mars had those chrome blue visors actually. But the heads are definitely from an older set than the Mission Mars figures... But the heads may also be genuine (were used in the first divers sets).
  • Minifigure is from LEGO Cosmic Wing Set 3069; LEGO Space Jet Set 1181; and LEGO Space Probe Set 1266. It can be seen on the instruction sheet on the set page.
  • @Wookie2 I think the torsos in those sets have 'C1' on them, and the ones @CaptainZigg are referring to have 'C2' instead. I have yet to find any reference either here or BL to C2 decorations (and BL descriptions can be very detailed), which is why I think the torsos aren't genuine. The rest of the parts may well be, but also think the legs should have a grey hip, so these are just 'wrong' genuine parts.
  • Just double checked - the legs are correct for being all white, but I think the torsos (with 'C1') do appear in other minifigures with gray hipped legs.
  • @Jay37 Sorry I missed the C1-C2 difference. Most like you say are C1. The only other C2 example I can see from a quick search is on eBay here bundled with a mismatched Explorians minifigure:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-2-Lego-Space-Port-Astronaut-Minifigure/153885072436?hash=item23d443dc34:g:YyUAAOSwFhxehZO0
  • Still think it's a clone brand. I use avbricks.no which like goatleg.com allows you to specify torso/arm/hand color combinations and both sites only show the C1 with 99 in the bottom right corner. The use of C2 and 88 seems like a way of getting round copyright infringement. The other thing I've just noticed is the wrist - LEGO ones are squared but these appear to be cylindrical, although this may be a trick of the light/angle.