Add reason when closed

@Lawrence

Would you please consider adding (optional) box/header on store home page, to show when owner closes store.

So as to be able to inform customers details of why store is currently closed and likely time of re-opening.

This could be for several reasons, and would be of benefit to both customers and stores.

Thanks

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • There is a banner that appears on your storefront if your store is closed and I add re-opening information at the top of my home page. I've always found that sufficient.
  • This is a great idea, Graham! Upvoting.
  • I realize one CAN edit home page every time, however with this, the reason and comments would then be entered at the same time as closing store AND automatically go once store is reopened...
  • Ok I see your point, some extra text that could be added to the banner. I wouldn't want it to insist on a reason though.
  • @Graham I agree, more open communication the better. Allowing for the option to have a store closed message could help save a sale as a seller and prompt a buyer to either wait for their preferred order or simply search another store.

Leaving it optional is the best, not all sellers want to leave an explanation.
This discussion has been closed.