Store dashboard change suggestions

Can we add a way to tell how many people have an item that is in your inventory without going to the item page? And be notified when someone adds something to their inventory that is in your inventory. And be able to tell specificly what people have in their carts in your store.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It has been mentioned a lot about wanting to know what people have in their carts. It has still not been done. I think it might be something to do with privacy, but i cant remember.
  • I believe that is a privacy issue - on its face, I wouldn't particularly want people to know what's in my shopping carts on the web. ;-)

I'm not sure what the first two things mean... are you asking to be notified when another seller adds and sells an item that you yourself sell? And to be able to get reports of items you sell and how many other vendors are stocking the same item? From a seller POV, I can see the value in determining what we are stocking that is "rarer" in terms of availability vs others, but being notified when someone lists an item you are also selling sounds like a lot of notifications going about (I suspect I know why you're interested in that; similar reason to the first one). I for one would like that to be opt-in if at all, as that is slow death by notification... but I can see the value for say some of the rarer sets I used to sell. But when you hit 10k+ unique lots, that is a data nightmare, so it really should be targeted in someway, i.e., only for items listed at $9.99 and higher, etc.
  • I wouldn't want to be notified every time someone adds items that I have in my inventory. I suspect you'd only really want it on certain lots so I'd agree with @Calibrick that it should be targeted. And optional.

I don't really understand the fascination with the active carts count. IMO it's pretty meaningless, you don't know why anyone's got stuff in a cart. They might buy it, they might not, they might forget all about it and leave it there for evermore.
  • I agree Mrs. Swoop, I've seen no value in the active cart count, personally, because of the same reasons you note.
  • But would there be a way to show the carts inventory, without showing the buyer account ?

I am just my self interested, and find it funny to know. Also a little to please the buyers, to know what they like and maybe have more of that in my store in the future.
  • @Calibrick
    Yes i am asking to be notified when another seller adds an item that I sell. yes it would be good to target certian things, but also just to know if someone has a lower price than you. I also agree with @Malnaborg. if it is for privacy reasons, then all you need to do is to not show who it is. I'm just wanting to know what people are interested in.
  • I find the active cart count very useful, it gives an idea of how busy you will be over the next week, also interesting to see if it rises after you add a lot of new stock (or not).

As far as I know if the cart is not ordered after a week it drops off the counter, it is certainly not there for evermore.
This discussion has been closed.