Mystery blue

Hopefully someone with better eyesight than me might be able to shed some light on this.

I've got a handful of 1x1 and 1x2 standard bricks which don't seem to match any of the other blues in my collection. I wondered if they could be 110 Bright Bluish Violet (just "Violet" on BO), or simply some normal blue ones that have gone a bit discoloured.

I've attached the best photos I could take with my primitive equipment, alongside some known colours for reference. Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Could be Brittle Blue? Just had a quick look online and Brittle Blue does seem to be darker. Someone with better knowledge at their fingertips may well correct me on this, but I believe it to be an older shade of Blue (although not officially recognised as a different variant), and age/material often renders it, well, brittle. Equally it could just be slightly discolored older Blue pieces, but it definitely isn't any other type of official blue.
  • Only LEGO knows for sure but we encountered this blue in the same quantities that appear in 5515 Fun Building with Bricks set from 2007. It is a beautiful deep teal tinge both inside and out so not from UV exposure. Also earlier found a short billed cap. Seems to be an age factor for this production lot and is different from Brittle Blue from years before. (We have a few of those- with a slight periwinkle cast- now imbedded in our “time capsules” of fill bricks that include the old red bricks and some marbled effect mistakes.)🙂
  • I'd say brittle blue - backuped up by that crack.
  • Plus 'brittle blue' comes in many shades, I've collected loads and they vary quite a bit but all consistent with their uniformaty.
  • They look just like the brittle blue I always recycle or give to my friend's kids to play with, if that helps at all, S&D!
  • Thanks @pippyblocks and @Calibrick ! Didn’t know there were variations of “Brittle Blue”. Okay, to “fill” they go, and it’s a shame because they are such an awesome color and not brittle - yet - . Just thinking about the folks who have brought out an older set they’ve saved only to find that it’s Brittle Blue- what a bummer!