Combining Order Fee not working

I just had a buyer add to their order, and the order combining fee was not applied. Luckily, it was a larger item they added, so I don't mind not apoplying the fee.

However, if this were to occur with someone puchasing a piece for under a dollar or something similiar, I'd be losing money just from the PayPal fees alone. Anyone else have this problem? Its worked in the past, but just not today.

Cory

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Thanks or posting this, I was about to. Indeed, it isn't working for me. Someone added about 50 cents worth of parts where the .4 order combining fee wasn't applied.
  • @Brick_Top Did you reduce your shipping costs for the shipping method they used in between their orders?
  • @giser It looks like that's because the first time they picked a shipping method they needed to pay for, and then when they combine the order, they picked the free method of local pickup.

The system doesn't currently support "refunding" excess shipping if when the customer places a second order they choose a cheaper shipping method. It won't charge the order combining fee as they have already "overpaid". Definitely something I need to come up with a solution for.
  • It happened to me as well, but in a different context.

A buyer placed one normal order and paid.
    After a few hours they wanted to add something and requested a quote. It was still within the paid shipping band, so I quoted PLN 0, thinking that my order combining fee would be applied automatically, but it didn't, so I ate the PP fee.

Later the same day they came back two more times with two more requests a quote, and they entered the next shipping band, so this time I charged them with the shipping difference plus my combinig fee manually added.

If the order combinig fee was applied automatically, no matter what is the shipping method (incl. request a quote), that would be perfect, a one thing less to remember for me :)

Isabel
  • @giser It looks like that's because the first time they picked a shipping method they needed to pay for, and then when they combine the order, they picked the free method of local pickup.
    @admin, this was for a different order, but that did occur for a previous order. For this order, it was a request a quote shipment, which I quoted and the order was placed and paid for, and the second was an order for a basic shipping method, which it did not charge them for shipping (even though for request a quote there should be no shipping band listed to compare their addition to) nor for the order combine charge of $0.30.