Bricklink Sync

I'm a bit lost as to what to do:
I imported my BL inventory this morning, and have since had a BL sale. What do I do to synchronise this with Brick Owl?
Cheers ;-)

Comments

• 16 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hey,

You go through the same synchronisation process each time, on the BL Sync tab, upload your inventory and it will update it on here
  • Or if it was a small order, manually delete the items here on BO. The way Brickset mentioned the syncing process led a lot of people to believe that it was automatic.

Brian
  • You can search your inventory for BL LotID from the homepage header pull-down to quickly get directly to the correct item. ;)
  • Yesterday I've deleted some lots of my BL inventory, because of double listings.
    I've now made an update from my BL Inventory to BO, but BO doesn't delete this lot.
    What went wrong?
  • I suspect you should have changed the quantity to 0 and leave it in the stockroom on BrickLink. Since the items have been deleted BrickOwl did not receive the item when you did the sync and did not update them.
  • not good...now I have to scan my whole inventory for this double listings.
    @Admin: Needs to be fixed :-)
  • Unfortunately we can't do anything about that I'm afraid. When you delete the item, BrickLink deletes it and it is gone forever, we have no way of knowing. You must have your inventory set to "retain" and not delete items, I will try to make that clear on the Sync page.
  • not good...now I have to scan my whole inventory for this double listings.
    You should be able to delete all your inventory and then upload it again.

• hm good idea, but I actually have one member with a filled card and an active quote.
    What will happen to this, when I delete my whole inventory?
  • It will wipe them :/
  • If there was an easy way to delete all items with a 0 quantity, we could keep it fairly clean without having to worry about keeping everything in the stockroom on both sites.
  • Just an FYI for those concerned, you can delete items on BL as long as you delete those very same items as the same time on BO. I had to do this a few times as I had double listings. It is a bit tedious but it does work just fine.

Has anyone figured out a way to do an auto sync yet once an order is made? It would be extremely helpful. There will be issues once Brick Owl starts to fill up with customers. Right now the sight is still in the beginning stages and growing and I have already had multiple orders that have bought the same items before I could do a sync. One of them was within minutes. I currently do an average of probably 8-10 syncs a day and I still have had to scramble to find duplicate parts to fill the second order on a few occasions.

Gary
  • Yes, you can use the API's provided and with a bit of programming skill set up automated cross-site inventory adjustments. We were able to set up an email listener looking for order confirmation emails that fetches the order item details and posts the decrease to the opposite site. It's triggered by orders only, so if you part out a set or manually change an inventory you still need to do a manual sync.
  • @DadsAFOL

Curiously, is this all done online 24/7?

If my power goes out for a day in my shop with all my hardware, everything thinking and acting is elsewhere and working fine?

• Curiously, is this all done online 24/7?

If my power goes out for a day in my shop with all my hardware, everything thinking and acting is elsewhere and working fine?
    I am using a web hosting account to make sure my stores are synced 24/7. Everything is done automatic between gmail and the web host I am using. Seems to work very well.