Manual Invoicing?

I am from BrickLink and also want to sell on Brick Owl. To my shock no manual invoicing? As far as I can see.. my apologies if it does. I mostly sell used sets (some without and some with box) so I want to do it manual since I am sure the system will never be accurate.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I currently got one for parcels and letters, somehow the letter one is disabled?
  • I could be misunderstanding, but I think the equivalent on BO is 'Request a quote' which you have enabled for worldwide shipping - so for example if I in the UK was interested in purchasing a set I would add to my basket, then during the checkout process I would have to request a shipping quote from you. You can then calculate and submit this to me and I can either accept (at which point I will be charged your shipping quote and the order is complete) or reject it.

Under the terms here at BO you must have at least one automated shipping method set up, which you seem to have for your domestic customers, so that looks OK.

If you go to 'My Store'>'Settings'>'Shipping Methods' you should see what you have and what is currently enabled. Simply click on any that are currently disabled and at the bottom of the first section ('Details') there is a check box to enable it.

Hope this makes sense and has answered your question!
  • Hi jay37, thanks for the info!

So let's say you buy a set, you have to request a Quote or select the instant checkout option?

Obvouisly PayPal charges a Fee so am I able to charge a fee or should that be in the shipping price in the Quote?

For the instant checkout can I just add X% or should the fee be included in the shipping charge?

Thanks in advance.. :)
  • I believe you're not allowed to charge a separate PayPal fee, so any charges should be included in your shipping price (basically, product price + shipping cost is what you should charge the customer. It can't be product price + shipping + PayPal + handling fee). Different stores do different things; some may have a shipping cost that includes everything, whereas others may charge postage almost at cost, but insist on a minimum order limit being met.

If you sell predominantly sets, then Request a Quote may work best for you, as as you state, without a box may be easier and cheaper to post than the 'official' weight and dimensions on the catalog would generate with automated shipping.

I could be wrong but I think that what you personally specify in your shipping methods as being dimensional limits may also play a part. So, for example, here in the UK the Royal Mail has a maximum dimensional limit no larger than 90cm in total (HxWxL), with no side being longer than 60cm. Even if I have automated shipping set based on these, there's a chance the actual LEGO box dimensions may not marry with the ones I have set, and this would trigger a Request a Quote. Chances are I will then quote the automated shipping rate for that weight/dimension band, but if I find that I am able to ship cheaper (because I don't have the original box and may be able to pack the parts more economically), then I will partially refund any overpostage.

At the moment, with the one set you currently have for sale, if you had an automated shipping method set up that could accommodate the box size/weight and included the UK as a country that band would ship to, theoretically I could place the order instantly and you wouldn't have to do any working out because that will have been done beforehand, and I, as a customer, would know exactly what I was paying (import fees notwithstanding). Request a Quote allows you to be more bespoke, but also allows the customer to back away from the deal if they choose to. One thing I've always found frustrating with some BL sellers is an insistence to pay the quoted amount after they've added miscellaneous 'handling fees' that have not been made clear from the outset.

Ultimately you can decide what works best for you, and there is absolutely nothing to say you can change your mind later on by adding more automated shipping bands. I have 19 methods set up, with many subdivided into weight bands, which probably took me an afternoon to refine, but the customer can see straightaway what my rates are, and I don't have to spend time weighing/measuring and quoting every order.

Again, hope this is clear!
  • Man.. Thank you :) Will get it done ASAP.

Have a nice week
This discussion has been closed.