We dont see the front page

Hey all.

Something just got clear to me tonight when i was thinking of running a new round of sale.

When ever we search for in item, or buy our wishlist, we come straight into that part in the shop, and after we have put it in our cart, we can go straight to checkout. That is of cause a nice and fast easy way to shop on be done :-)

BUT this is my real "thought/concern" Then my costumer will never see my notes or sale announcement that i post on the front page of my shop, or our shop for that matter. Maybe i have even bought something from my wishlist in stores that had a sale % price going on that i did just not see, because i (could) go straight to the checkout.

So at the moment by looking at it all, the only way to get the costumers attention is to write something in the "slogan line" at the picture frame on top of the shop page, because that part is visible all the time.
This might be why my earlier sales have not been that big, if people dont even know i have a sale going on.
I mean i post here in the forum, but i would not suspect many buyers see them.

So with that, can we somehow "lure" our customers to the front page of our shop, to see any information that might be written there?
Maybe by default show a "mini" version of our front page at the top when you are looking at a brick, or your cart, so buyers see any sale going on if so, or for instance at the moment i had a "post office delay" service message on my front page.

Have any of you store owners thought about this ? and of cause brickowl admins :-)

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I haven't thought about this before... this is a good point though. You should make this a suggestion on the suggestion page. I will be one to vote on it.
  • Good point! While I use the slogan to promote our charity, I can def see others wanting to use it to say "Check our home page for today's sales" or some such...
  • Well slogan or not. It is just the only place at the moment where we can write something to get the attention of shoppers.

I still like the idea of a slogan or something related to the store.