Anyone used a website called bricksxshop

Hello,

Apologies if this isn't quite the thing to ask on here, but I've seen adverts for this website - http://sale.bricksxshop.com/ - on various social media feeds. Looks too good to be true and before I get carried away I wondered if anyone has successfully used this website or if I'm being duped.

Cheers, Dan

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Looks a little dubious to me; Eur25 for the Taj Mahal (instead of Eur160!) - not even LEGO themselves would discount a supposedly hard to find set that much. Also the contact email looks suspect. Why 'customercarefor.com' and not 'bricksxshop.com'?

Of course I could be wrong but certainly buyer beware...
  • If it looks to good to be true, it usually is. There have been loads of scam Lego sites the past few months. Supposedly huge discounts on many sets, but then they just steal your credit card info.
  • edited January 2021 Vote Up0Vote Down
    It is obviously fake.

Quick and easy way to tell - look for company details on the website, like an address or telephone number. They usually don't appear anywhere which is reason enough to avoid (it's illegal not to publish this information on the website in most western countries), but if they do, Google those same details and see what comes up - it'll usually be the company they genuinely belong to.
  • Cheers for the responses. I've seen several of these kind of things recently and I did think they had to be fake! I thought prices in euros and telephone number in the UK was a bit odd!!
  • You can also search the internet for that old site (I forget the name) that lists the domain name registrations and see who that .com address is registered to, which can also tell you a lot. Iffier ones come from certain countries all too frequently, unfortunately.
  • I looked it up on google maps and this is what I found. it is a screenshot of street view of the building
  • The sign implies it's at the Brick House in Denmark, interesting...
  • I stupidly bought from this site through a social media link one night when i had a few to many tipples, biggest mistake i made ordered 71043 Hogwarts castle and 6 weeks later a pair of sunglasses came from China
    after numerous emails back and forth and being past to different contacts that kept offering a link to order rubbish in its place as it was apparently out of stock i gave up and wrote the £56 off with a note to ones self if its to good to be true it always is
  • Whois, that's what I was thinking of! Thanks, Graham!
  • Well am I happy to stumble upon this topic at this very moment. I had few sets in the basket already and this "too good to be true" thing really kept going in my mind. Then there was a timer for how long the prices will stay like they were and suprisingly after 24h the timer started from beginning again... This made me alarmed, but all the addresses and phone numbers somewhat added up and looked quite authentic to me...

At this point I have only one question - how to make this thing clear and how to shut such places down?
  • Lego have a 'Tell us about an imitation website' topic under their 'Email Us' section