Ability to add / remove parts from an order

*** Add

Rationale: Now and then I have Buyers who want some Model and buy them (via Rebrickable for instance) but the model is not complete because not every piece maps from Rebrickable to BrickOwl (or RB says I don't have 100% when in fact I have).

My homemade Solution: So, in order for the Model to be complete, I will need to add these parts to his order. To address this, currently I am adding the parts to a cart and I buy them from myself, to have an actual order to work with (and keep inventory sane).

To keep BO and RB getting their fees I then put something in my store at the same value of my cart and will send him a link to that item for him to buy so BO and RB both gets their fees and we are all happy.

My desirable Solution: Simply the ability to add those items to his order and ask him for approval. This ability would also provide a neat solution to populate a cart for those buyers who ask me for a Model and aren't sure how to actually buy it.

*** Remove

Rationale: Sometimes the Buyer already has some (generally expensive) parts or got them from the Designer and therefore he would like to avoid duplicating them.

My homemade Solution: The Refund solution is neat, but the order page becomes messy, confusing and prone to error. The Lot count and Total items remain the same as before and therefore the doubleckecking counting of the lots with the items I picked, renders unusable.

My desirable Solution: Delete those items pronto (with Buyer's permission as well), adjusting the lot and piece count and grand total and shipping if it applies. The Refund feature does fit other purposes, but not this one, in my humble opinion.

Thank you for reading.

@Lawrence, Please consider :)

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • With regards to adding items, you may be able to do something with public Wishlists there. Having an option for stores to add items to an order is too niche for us.

We have updated the UI with regards to item counts at the top of an order, where an order has items that are refunded. This will make it easier to see the current total item count.
This discussion has been closed.