Bricksync error

Can anyone help with this? I am getting an error turning off BLMASTER mode in bricksync. One of the items in a Bricklink order was a set with condition N/s (new sealed but with a lower case s instead of capital S). The lower case s causes Bricksync to error and abort.

So I can't get out of BLMASTER mode and can't update my inventory with recent sales on either site.

There isn't any way to edit the order In bricklink so I don't know how to correct the error and continue.

Any ideas?

Comments

• 22 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @Gbratti

Not sure why a lower case "s" would cause an error?

Have you got an error message that bricksync is showing?
    At what point is it throwing the error... when trying to process new orders?
    Has bricksync created a BSX file for the order... within your bricksync folder there's a data\order folder. Look in there to see if the order has been created.
    Also check in your bricksync\data folder for any error folders created today (errors-2021-01-20) and take a look at the logs within that folder.
  • The error is:
    BL JSON PARSER: Error, unknown item completeness "s", offset 269

It happens while Brickset is fetching the BL order list. It reads order 15231749 then gives the error (that item is on the next order 15234636). It created the .bsx for the other orders, but not for the trouble one 15234636.

And it did create the error file, which again shows that record with the lower case s.

This has happened before when it was syncing my inventory but I was able to correct the item to an upper case letter and then continue. I can't correct this because it is in an order - not in my inventory

Maybe there is a way I can force Bricksync to accept my current inventory state? And then manually update with any missing orders
  • Does the order exist as a .bsx file within the BrickSync folder?
  • No it created the file for other orders but not that one.
  • If you believe BL's inventory to be correct it should be possible to uninstall and reinstall BrickSymc. This should force it to start again, pick up BL's inventory and make sure BO's inventory matches it.
  • I was looking through the code last night and I can see where the issue is... you are absolutely right in that it is looking for an upper case "S" and doesn't like lower case.

I just can't think of a simple way around the problem... so I think it will be a case of starting a fresh run of Bricksync. I'd just rename the original folder (so you aren't actually deleting anything) then download a fresh copy of Bricksync.

You'll need to copy the bricksync.conf.txt file from your original installation to the new one.

Then on the first run it should take your current BrickLink inventory.

Let us know how you get on.
  • If someone does know how to fix this it would be great if a Pull Request is made here:

https://github.com/ZZJHONS/Bricksync

Or just contact me with the file modified.

Thanks!
  • I archived my old files and started a new download of Bricksync. It said there was no Bricksync state file so it had to create a new state file. So far so good...

Then it started downloading all my bricklink orders. All 6 months worth that were available on Bricklink. When it got to the trouble order it said "Fatal Error. Hit any key to exit now". So it never even made it to sync the two inventories.

Not sure why a new install needs to download previous orders that it doesn't have to sync. I guess to work with the order commands.

I even cancelled the problem order but it is still causing the program to abort.

Maybe I can wait 6 months until it drops off the Bricklink history.
  • Actually I just noticed it wasn't downloading everything only orders from the past 3 months
  • File the problem order, I think Bricksync doesn't process orders filed
  • @Stellar
    I've got a modified, but untested file, if that's any use to you?
  • If you can share it maybe @Gbratti could download the source code from the GitHub Link, change it with your file, then compile it and run it. If it works, the problem for him will be solved, I can add it to the source code giving you credit and anyone will be able to use it.
  • That did it. I was able to start again from scratch after filing the order. Thanks!
  • @Gbratti Do you remember how you added that set with the lowercase S value to your inventory?
  • I ran into this error while adding. BL used to change the s to uppercase after fact. I believe their background programming changed. Just have to be a little more careful. I'm having less and less faith in their 'improvements'.

Tyson.
  • Further to this I had to delete the problem lots and readd with the correct capital letters, only way I saw to fix. FYI.
  • I tried to add a set with lowercase "s"...

Upload via XML caused an error and it would not upload.
    Manually adding an item gives you radio buttons so no option to enter lowercase.
    Adding an item, then going into inventory and manually changing the set to lowercase "s", BL forces it back to uppercase.

So maybe the API is allowing the lowercase through?
  • You can't with BS, just tried and it keeps repeating this:

INFO: Updating BrickLink inventory, 1 lots are pending for update.
    WARNING: Unknown item type 's' for "Advent Calendar 2012, Friends" ( 3316-1 ), ignored.
    INFO: BrickLink inventory update has completed.
    WARNING: Updates were not applied for 1 lots, the pool of available daily BrickLink API calls is too low.
    INFO: BrickLink API usage : 323 (6.46%) in the past 24 hours; 21 in the past hour.
    INFO: You can manually upload the following XML files to BrickLink. This is absolutely optional.
    INFO: New BrickLink XML Upload file : "blupload000.xml.txt"
    INFO: When the pool of available API calls reaches healthy levels again, BrickSync will verify if updates have been manually applied or not.
    INFO: BrickSync will resume updates if changes from the XML file haven't been applied.

INFO: Resuming a partial BrickLink SYNC suspended due to low reserves of daily API calls.
  • Do I have an old version of Brickstock? I don't have the 2nd condition field. Only the one for New/Used. So whenever I add sets to my inventory I upload with brickstock and then review everything in BL and manually enter the 2nd field.

In BL the old version of the inventory update screen automatically changes lowercase to uppercase, but the newer version doesn't. That's how I wound up with this in my inventory.

BTW Bricklink won't allow you to change lowercase s to S (I think it doesn't recognize it as a change). But you can change the s to a C and then change the C to an uppercase S.
  • @Gbratti nice workaround, wish I had thought of that. That new programming leaves much to be desired. Do they test at all?
  • @Gbratti

I've tested with both the old and new versions of the inventory update screen and just can't get a lowercase in there... always gets forced back to uppercase.
  • If it is already uppercase S it won't allow you to change it to lowercase. You would have to change it to another value such as C and then change to lowercase s.