Wilkinsons Blox

Hi,

Can I pick your collective brains please? I've amassed about 10 - 12 kilos of Wilkinsons Blox after sorting through my son's collection. Mostly decent condition bricks and plates, plus a few dozen of their minifigures.

Is there any kind of resale market for this, or should I just cut my losses and see if I can get rid of it in bulk on eBay or Facebook marketplace?

Any tips or experience would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Gosh, I have no idea... I've never even heard of them. :-( Is there a fan community of this brand that has online platforms, such as Reddit, web sites, etc.? It might be more profitable to have a "bid" match between fans vs. postng right onto eBay? Just thinking out loud.
  • The are a clone brand Calibrick,I would go the bulk lot way on ebay and never speak of such things again. ;)
  • @Calibrick Wilkinsons (also known as Wilkos) is a UK general store that sells pretty much anything (well not quite!) for the home; personal care, cleaning products, garden equipment, car care, DIY, stationery, pet products, home furnishings, some food products (including Pick 'n' Mix!) and yes, toys. Blox is their in house equivalent of LEGO and is a compatible brand. Like LEGO there are small pocket money sets, as well as larger sets.

@Charliesdad I think maybe trying ebay or Gumtree might get you the best results. I'm not aware of a marketplace (maybe a bit too niche...), but I have seen it on ebay before, although it does tend to be the sets rather than loose parts (although that could be my search parameters!) Best of luck.
  • Or you can sell at the car boot sales like I sold mega blocks worth £35 once which I collected over the time when sorting Lego parts which you find them. At least I got the money back and buy on real Lego.
  • Thanks for the education on Wilks, folks! Wilkos reminds me a bit of our Costco, who has a home brand of Kirkland that they produce/sell.
  • Thanks for the answers, and apologies to international readers for not being clear what I meant.

We've come up with a plan B: once the weather improves we're going to use them to build some creations in the garden, where it won't really matter if they get battered by the elements!