advice needed please

I had an order back in nov from a customer in France which was posted. She came back a few days later saying that I was missing some parts from the order. She sent a copy of the order with the parts highlighted. First problem this was not the order she placed with me. I pointed that out to her and she came back and said ok. Couple of weeks later she messaged me and said she had had the items but no invoice. I emaied the invoice to her again. She came back to me yesterday and said there was a missing plate and mentioned she had ordered from 3 stores and had received the items from Tops and Tails (my store) but not from me. Therefor she has a missing plate. I asked to confirm the order number etc and today she has come back and said she has not recieved any items from me!!
Bit of a long story.
I emailed BO yesterday to see if they could shed any light but as yet no reply.
What are your thoughts - I know what mine are!

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Well it was a bit confusing to read you post at first :-P

But no matter what, you will always have the order number from any order that has been in your shop. So you can be pretty specific with your "evidence".

If the costumers name is in your shop, show her those orders, and if not, well i would guess it is pretty easy to see if she is (sorry to say, no harm) confused and writes to the wrong shop, or tries to fool you etc.
  • Wow. This is either one confused and super disorganized customer... or something else. Assuming abject confusion, have you tried replying with HER early message where she says she HAS the items but no invoice (when really, she can print her own on demand here, but ok), and then the email where she says she HAS the Tops and Tails items, reminding her you ARE Tops and Tails? :-) Laying it out mud clear is all I can think of.

After giving all that a reasonable shot (and maybe checking her most recent feedback), I'd probably send her one last msg telling her respectfully that you don't know how to help her, she needs to understand Tops and Tails=Westiekath, she confirmed receipt of all in writing, and throw my hands in the air (and potentially block them from future purchases just to save yourself some time and stress).
  • Le mer. 13 janv. 2021 à 11:37, Anita Mouttou a écrit :

> Hello Sir,
    >
    > I order some products from your company, the reference is #4160761
    >
    > I received all the products from your store except this one : Plate 8 x 16 (92438) - quantity 1.
    >
    > (I ordered a total of 6 plates, 1 must be bought from your store and 5 others from "tops and tails" and till date I received any of them).
    >
    > Please check it if you really send me the product.
    > You already sent me the order bill. Thank you for that.
    >
    > With regards,
    > Anita
    >
    > Le mer. 13 janv. 2021 à 11:27, Anita Mouttou a écrit :
    >
    >> Hello Sir,
    >>
    >> I checked the confirmation order list, and yes you sent me all the products from your store. Thank you so much.
    >> I just need the order bill, i send my address mail :
    >>
    >> Anita

This is a copy of her emails and you think you are confused. I have just told her who I was again and the order number so she has just come back and told me she hasnt received any of the items.

Have to say getting a bit annoyed now!!!
  • English is a certainly a second language for this customer, which isn't helping... you may want to run your next (final? <s>) email draft thru Google translate, then back in English, to make sure at least you are conveying the msg to her that cannot be claimed to be unclear? Not saying you weren't, just a thought! Stuff can def get lost in the translation, unfortunately. :-(

You're hanging in there very well, I'd add! I'm not quite as patient, admittedly. ;-)
  • Yes I am going to try and send her a message in french today (google translate) and see if that helps any!! 😂If not well I think the only thing I can do is to reimburse her and block her ( I have never blocked a customer before 😦. If a customer hasn’t received an order (or say they haven’t) well I I will happily refund them but if they are trying to play a fast one - that is just not fair. If they get away with it once they are going to try it again aren’t they!!! 😡😡. Of course it could be genuine I will have to keep that in my mind - let’s hope the message helps .
  • No I think they are trying it on and if they tried to do a recharge through PayPal you have the evidence to say she received you order.
  • As she said that she received all items from your store it would seem likely that the one that's missing is the one she ordered from a different store. Her messages sound as though she's trying to contact one company about orders to different stores, could it be that she's confused about the individual stores on BO? Is she new to BO?
  • Sounds like she has made multiple orders, has opened them and mixed the parts up. Now she is short a few and doesn't know what came from where.

If you are 100% your order was correct, I would tell her that and point out that she has already mentioned your store as a complete order in a previous message.

I'm sure someone on here with better French than mine (although I'll give it a go if you are desperate) would your message a look over to check you are saying exactly what you want.
  • That's a great idea, Whitehorse (having someone French glance at the message)!
  • She now has come back to me and told me that she placed 3 orders on Brick Owl. She didnt realise that we are all under the umbrella of Brick Owl. She has now worked this out and has said that she has not received any items from me - only the other 2 stores. (Strange she has had my invoice which was in the box though!!!!)
    TBH had a guts full now and told her I would refund her if she hasnt received the order.
    Despite me sending her a pic of the the proof of posting she has now accused me of not sending the order grrr
    Sent her quite a blunt message back - I try to be friendly with all my customers but this woman has just pushed me too far.
    Very strange how 1 message she has very broken English next message perfect English