Best way to sell collectible minifigures?

I used to concentrate on selling CMF's and have a load of boxes of them left to sell. Other than series 1&2 they take a good deal of time to identify each figure

To anyone who sells a lot of these, my question is, without wishing to spend that time, is it best to sell as:-

1.) sealed random figure
2.) open to ID them
3.) remove and separate figure from accessories and sell that way

By "best" I mean sales price, and how quickly they move

Thanks

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'd say ether sell them as the set (identified) or as the individual minifigs. Someone could just go to the store if they wanted them random...
  • All no longer available
  • Oh, in that case I would sell the minifigs and pieces separately.
  • I always open blind bags to ID them, so I can sell them under the appropriate listing - I just note in comment the item is opened (and for newer CMFs, I even preassemble them and prebag them, noting the same). I keep them all together. If you price competively or your CMG plus shipping is competitive, you will turn them around - though there is a smaller market for the more costly Series 1 and 2, I'm still sitting on a couple of those, FYI.
  • It may look weird, but collectible figures without baseplates and accessories sometimes have prices similar to the complete/sealed sets they come from. For instance, compare the prices of the sealed Superman set from DC Super Heroes series (71026) and the minifig alone:

https://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-superman-rebirth-minifigure
    https://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-superman-set-71026-7

The current price is higher for the minifig alone, and the six month averages are similar – heck, the newspaper tile alone is more than a dollar worth. Why would anyone pay more for less is beyond me. So, if the time is not an issue, I always part-out blind bags and sell minifigs and accessories separately.
  • Thanks folks!
    That helps a lot, I used to spend time identifying in sealed bags just don't have the time now.
  • i wouild indentify which minifigs are benicifical to take apart and which not. Futhermore look at how much of the current inventory is sold in the past 6 month.

it takes time to look into it, if you dont want to invest that time i would go for option 1.