Taxes and VAT

Im sorry but all this leaving the EU has left me totally confused.
As sellers is there anythig different we need to do if we ever post abroad? I know we will have to a CN on every order but do we have to charge extra for postage?
Sorry but utterly confused :#

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The same shipping methods are fine, so long as you include a CN22/23 and an invoice (preferably inside a plastic wallet attached to the outside of the package, but inside is fine). Failure to include both could result in the package being seized or returned, but most likely will just be delayed. Treat EU member states as you previously treated Norway, Switzerland, the USA, etc.

Later this year though EU member states will require that all inbound packages already have the import VAT collected and remitted by the seller, either directly or via the platform they sell through. It doesn't apply yet but something to be aware of.
  • I got hold of the new UK postage rates leaflet and there are significant price rises, particularly for World Zone 1, so might be worth revising those. The international parcel weight band of 1.75kg has gone too. Also UK internal medium parcel has been altered significantly; new weight bands (and apparently cheaper rates for the lowest weights). I spent an hour on New Year's Day going through my shipping rates and updating them.
  • Thanks both that has helped a great deal :)
    I will sort out my overseas postage costs when the Royal Mail tells us we can post overseas again
  • You can post overseas now; was opened up the 30th (if memory serves - it was last year after all!) in the afternoon.