New to BO :)

Hello everyone, and --almost-- happy new year. I have recently decided to move to BO as I no longer wish to support BL. Is there a list of corresponding part numbers (especially minifigs) that are available? Or is it a sorry for me for now :) lol.
Thanks and hello!
Jaqyc

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Welcome to Brick Owl! Hope you have a happier experience here. In answer to your question, no, minifigures here do not share the naming convention on BL (behind the scenes I think for syncing software purposes, but not publicly visible), as these are bespoke to them. There are some figure naming codes but these are a little unwieldy and I think have been ported over from Brickset, although I'm not 100%

Hope this (sort of) helps!
    James
  • P.S. liking the store name :)
  • As long as you BL store is active you could use Bricksync to synchronize your inventory from BL to BO. Once done, use the owlresolve command in Bricksync to get a list (in the log) for every item that could not be found (can be that the item is not in BO, or it is not known to which BL item it corresponds).
    Or download you inventory with BrickStock and upload it in BO.
  • Welcome to BO! You'll find this a fun place to sell, with a highly responsive admin and a super-supportive seller community!! :-)

I did what BasKrie suggested - I used Brickstock as an intermediary to upload my inventory to BO when I first started, as I sell here exclusively. You are likely to find some parts that do not upload if the Brickstock part ID is not in BO's back-end - if so, that typically means either the part number is not present for that part (which you can add using catalog edits) OR the part is not yet in BO, in which case you need to create it. That should be a small portion of your inventory though - I originally uploaded 12k+ unique lots and only a bit over 100 couldn't upload as they did not exist in the catalog (and that was three years ago, the catalog is far more advanced now). :-)
  • Hi and welcome to BO! Good luck with your store!

Phil-TheBrickRoom