UK Shipping - Royal Mail Price Increase

Sadly Royal Mail have just increased all postage charges by 10%. This takes effect on 1st Jan.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • How nice of them to disclose such an increase on such short notice :(
    Isn't there any kind of rule against this?
    PostNL also increases prices, but we have known that months ago
  • Tell that to Spain's Correos, since yesterday there are some news articles mentioning a couple of changes in price of post, but there is no public information of all the changes, probably until tomorrow at least...
  • @BasKrie it has been known about since 1st December, it's not just a last minute thing.
  • Yes, I knew about it too - I was just bringing it everyones notice gain
  • I think soon Royal Mail will start losing money a lot and will see big reduction on parcels going and coming as every UK customer get hit with £8 fees, VAT and customs charges will not use again later as I worked with them last month and many packages i saw they hit them with £8 fee and VAT charges. Many unwary people who will get hit this month will not order from abroad and online sellers/retailers from abroad will stop sending to UK so less fees, VAT and customs income. My brother used to order bulk tub of pure honey from Hungary had ordered one for the last time last month as he now he will get hit by costs if he order it this year.