vintage sets - BO catalog confusion

the catalog is completely messed up for vintage sets - and if store inventory is imported from BL your listings are messed up too. There exist different vintage sets with the same number. BL differentiates those by adding -1 or -2 etc. But the distinction is not respected in the BO catalog leading to really big problems. Sellers will have to check their inventory and then manually delete the wrong items/add the correct items.

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • and this is a problem not only for sets but also for instructions and boxes (and will lead to wrong set inventories). URGENT ACTION is needed
  • I will get working on this now
  • thank you, will be quite a lot of work I think
  • @Aladine Could you take a look at your inventory and let me know if there are any items that are still incorrect?
  • I can, but (1) I don't have all sets that ever came out and (2) I think that this will happen again as long as no distinction is made between the different -1 -2 -3 etc sets. And people will submit entries for the wrong sets/instructions/boxes. Or worse: order the wrong item and will be disappointed. I found 2 instructions images yesterday that had been linked to the wrong set. Both times I simply submitted the edit page with a note at the bottom. If everybody could do so, it would help I think. Or maybe you could put a button 'note' (like the edit button) where we could inform of errors easily
  • Understood, we do differentiate the set numbers, but we don't show the hyphenated part in the title. I will change that for anything that has a hyphenated section greater than one. I don't want to clutter up titles by putting -1 on every set because it only affects the older sets.
  • in my inventory it's still the same. Just looked for 518 and 519. My items (all instructions/boxes for architectural hobby and modelbau version and cardboard version) appear in BO under the name LEGO bricks and half bricks and trolley or LEGO bricks and half bricks and arches and trolley, sets which I don't have (so, if ordered, I couldn't fulfil the order).
  • Ah, it looks like I fixed a different issue earlier to what you were referring to. I have fixed those two items, it is due to the set numbers being different and BrickLink and brickset. If you ever see other items like this, in the edit section, you can tick next to the brickset ID numbers to say they should be removed. After I approve the removal, they will be fixed. Sorry it took so long to get it fixed.