Shipping To London & SE England

I posted an order this morning to an address in London. We are quite friendly with our Post Master and he told us 2nd Class post could take a minimum to arrive to orders in London and the SE.

Evidently, they were already experiencing delays and the new Tier 4 is causing them issues with staffing

I did ask if sending First Class would help, and he said not really!

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Sorry, I meant to say a minimum of 10 days
  • Probably not far off; I'm in Hertfordshire and had a customer email me yesterday from North London to tell me an order I posted last Monday had not arrived. They did acknowledge the current situation, and while I think the Royal Mail do a fantastic job, a little part of me did wonder if I could have got it there faster by simply delivering it myself.
  • I have had two customers from London on today saying orders I despatched late week still hadn't arrived.
  • I believe it's quite a localized problem. We're in SE London and we've had a real problem getting mail and parcels, a letter from my son's school a mile away took 10 days to get here. But my sister-in-law lives about 6 miles away and they haven't had any problems.
  • A poster on the other forum said it was taking 7/8 days for first class. With all the T4 lockdown ares it is only going to get worse