Sale of items that are not in the catalog

Hi,

Is it possible to sell items that are not listed in the catalog?

Werner

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • If there's something not yet listed, you can submit a catalog edit (link at the bottom of the homepage) to create a new entry. Can take a few days to acknowledge depending on admin's workload.
  • Thanks for your comment. But that wasn't my question.
  • You can only sell through the catalog as commission is owed to BO on all sales. I would have thought if it isn't there you can't sell it. There are rules surrounding custom items too. If this doesn't answer your query then maybe can you elaborate on what you're trying to do.
  • I didn't want to sell something without BO receiving its fees.
    I just want to sell parts of my Lego collection. Many, if not most, of the items are not in the catalog. And I was looking for a way to simply sell these parts in my store. As I have now read, this is apparently only possible via Brickstore. It's all too cumbersome for me. I also read that I have to offer Paypal onsite. I also reject that.
    Thanks for your help.

Lawrence, can you clear my store?
  • Hello Dino,
    I think you read some things not quite as they are written, other things that are written look to be old.
    No, you can't sell anything that isn't in the catalog, there is no custom option like on BL. So if you have items to sell you should first add them to the catalog.

As far as I know Brickstore isn't alive anymore, there is Brickstock that was build from it and the files it creates (or can open) are the same (bsx) format. And you can allso add items to your store in some other ways, just check the help pages.

Lastly, there is no obligation to use Paypal onsite, there are several payment options (not all are stated in the help pages, just take a look in your store settings). The only requirement is that you have atleast 1 payment option, you are free to choose the one you want.
  • I've read it very carefully and I don't think I misunderstood anything.
    https://www.brickowl.com/help/store-inventory
    On this page BrickStore is called.
    https://www.brickowl.com/mystore/settings/payment_methods/edit/14249
    How do you interpret "Non-instant payment methods"? I translate it with Paypal or Stripe onsite.
  • Yes Brickstore is mentioned, hence my remark about the old texts.
    On the same page there are 2 others options mentioned so there is no obligation to use Brickstore (now Brickstock) as you mentioned.

The link about the payment option you posted is only for you, I get an error.
    And a non-instant payment option can mean a lot of things, in my opinion just the opposite of onsite PayPal or stripe. Looking in my settings I see a lot of other options including IBAN and bank transfer.
    Again no obligation to use onsite anything.
  • Yes, there are two other options. To add from the catalog (the items are not in the catalog) and part out a set (they also not in a set).

"Non-instant payment methods such as IBAN are available once your store has received at least 10 orders from different customers." I've no 10 orders.
  • As stated earlier, you can only put items up for sale that are in the catalog. Even with Brickstore (BrickStock) you can only add items that are in the catalog.

Ah, maybe that changed in the last 2 years. I just looked and added IBAN as option 4 days after I started selling here, and I didn't have 10 orders by that time (in fact 8 in those first 4 days).

So if you only have items to sell that are not in the catalog and don't want to use PayPal and/or Stripe then indeed maybe it is best to delete you inventory and ask BrickOwl to clear your store.
    Best to ask that question via mail, not forum (https://www.brickowl.com/contact)
  • Thank you for your help.