Royal Mail suspends deliveries to Europe!

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Thanks for posting, I was already considering suspending overseas shipping and now my mind has been made up for me.
  • It's the same in the other direction. We're not able at the moment to ship from Germany to UK. And also the post transport to Ireland is also blocked - they are mainly transfered via UK.
  • Does this mean we cannot post large letters to Europe??
  • My understanding is all post, both letters and parcels, is suspended due to countries closing their borders to UK freight and passengers due to the new strain of covid-19. I have already suspended international shipping from my store; decided it was more straightforward than trying to work out who was accepting and who wasn't (and I suspect the list is only likely to get bigger). Not good news, but in reality international orders are a small percentage of my business. Hopefully can open up again for overseas customers when things are clearer.
  • All you UKers, stay safe folks! We need you healthy and rarin' to go when those borders open back up shortly! :-)
  • Until there is a trade agreement between the EU and the UK I will no longer ship to the UK (about 10% of all orders in my shop). I also have suspended all sales to the UK in my shop on BL.

I certainly feel for sorry for my customers in the UK that I can no longer ship nice bricks to. But hey Brits, this is exactly what you voted for in the beginning! Now you are beginning to feel the consequences....

Anyway, I hope that mail and freight can be started again soon so my friends in the UK will not starve from hunger.
  • Don't want to get political but the vote was for sovereign control over our laws and borders. Once this all settles down I am sure there will be trade agreements.
  • I'm so glad there's finally a deal! I don't know the details yet for shipments to the UK (and vice versa) but I hope to resume selling to the UK shortly.