Difference between New (Complete) & New (Sealed)

Hello All:

Please forgive me if I am asking a very basic question. I recently decided to sell off a lot of my Lego collection and was going through the process of setting up my collection on BO; just to get an idea of how things work and how I should fairly price my potential sale items.

My question is - what is the difference between an item that is New (Complete) and New (Sealed)? I get what New (Sealed) means, but I guess I just don't understand the distinction between that and New (Complete).

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Remembering that “set” also includes Collectible Minifig series- we have bought some as New (Complete) that added the note that the package had been opened to verify the contents. Perhaps this is a distinction that was driven by those “sets”?
  • Ah. I see. Yes - my plan is to do an audit and precise count before putting any of my sets (complete with Minifigs) on sale. Thank you for the prompt reply.
  • My concern was that Used (Complete) would mean that bricks were chipped or otherwise marred and Minifig paint scratched or faded...etc...

Thanks again!
  • A great resource is the Help topic on item condition.
    Notes to indicate the quality of used sets will surely be appreciated!
    Happy Selling!
  • What to do???
    Was shopping and found a store listing all their CMF as New (Sealed) but each with note that they were opened to verify- all-
    What would everyone else do? ...Send a PM?...Just want to keep everything Great on BrickOwl 🙂
  • Yes send them a message. Maybe they didn't notice that this happened.
    Just checked my inventory and also had some that where up as sealed, but with note that they were opened to check (have changed them now).
    Looks like Bricksync turned them from BL's New Complete to BO's New (Sealed) without me noticing, so that could happen to others as well.
    Looking at other entries I think this happens when there is no sub-condition on BL, BS makes them sealed, but not sure about that.