Order shipment in general

Hey all.

This is a question to all, both buyers out there and sellers :-)

Quite simple, how long are your shipping from either you buy or send to your get your order ?

At the moment, or mostly after black friday, i have had a severe slowdown in my shipment time.
Before (at least) black friday i shipped a package from denmark to the buyer in usa in 7 days. (early november)
Now it takes like 2 weeks to just make it to usa, if at least that time is true :-/

I have talked with my local post office, the danish "Postnord" And they say they are just blown away with packages in general.
BUT am i just unlucky, or how is everyone else in these times ?

I am of cause thinking about my awesome buyers who buy small and big lots, and even my most expensive sets from me, and i just feel helpless that i can only see and say what they see on the track and trace.

So yeah.... what can you all write about? How long did it take for you buying or selling :-)

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Holiday season + COVID causing more households' ordering via mail + COVID work restrictions at the post office = severely delayed postal services around the world. I ordered a small package from Germany in July that arrived at my USA home in November. This also means that the track-and-trace is not updated on a timely basis; I get feedback from my ebay buyers that the item they received looks great when the USPS tracking still shows the package in my home town's PO system. At least they're not blaming me, the seller, for the slow service (yet...).

At this point, I wouldn't expect anything ordered today to arrive before Xmas unless the seller expressly guarantees this.
  • As seller and buyer, I see a solid 2 weeks turn around for First class Package in the USA right now. Even a package from USA to Japan using Priority Mail Express with 3 day guarantee to deliver took 9 business days.
  • I'm seeing my orders internal to the United States taking roughly twice as long as is typical; e.g., a shipment to another customer in California - which is frequently overnight - is taking 2-3 work days. To cross the country to FL normally takes about four work days - am seeing up to two weeks. The postal system is frankly overwhelmed between holiday shoppers, already operating at holiday levels BEFORE the holidays, and at reduced staffing to boot.
  • Well i have just added some text to my homepage about the post service at the moment. I guess thats better than nothing.
    But nice to know, or well not, but that it is not just me :-)
  • Apparently there's currently a national shortage of grey post sacks, so Royal Mail really must be under pressure if there's no sacks left 😬
  • Not national, but international, PostNL also has shortages.
    My local PostNL site is getting sacks with Royal Mail print, hmmm, maybe the RM shortage is being caused by PostNL :)