Colors

I had a customer complain that I did not sell him Maersk blue pieces but rather a bright light blue color instead. If you look at the colors on Brickowl these two colors are so close together how do you tell? I have looked at several web pages but once again you are left with your own personel judgement. Are there any kind of markings that you can look at to decide. Thx

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • They're not close at all imo. Maersk is closer to Medium Blue but still starkly different in the right light. See if you can get a colour chart going, something like 2x4 bricks in each colour so you can refer to it in future.

Some of the pinks, however, are so close as to be almost identical.
  • I agree. Bright light blue and Maersk blue are not that close. What made you think you had Maersk blue? Presumably they were used, so were there other parts in the lots you were breaking up that had items that could have come from Maersk sets?
  • Maersk, to my eye, has some turquoise to it - you can look at pictures online of say the Maersk container ship to see how different it is from say Medium Blue. Medium Blue has more of a light sky blue tint. There is a good thread on here about how people make color charts using common pieces such as 1x1 tiles or plates. There are no markings to differentiate LEGO colors, and honestly, looking at colors on BO really depends on your video card and your monitor. :-)
  • this might help, it sure will help me out