Disappearing inventory?

2»

Comments

• And another thing that crossed my mind... I'm sure I read on this forum about an issue with newer colours being missing from BrickSync and a member made some code changes to the colour tables and made it available to download.

Are you using the newer, modified version?

Just wondering if those code changes could have introduced an error.
  • @beaverbrick

Well yes I am using the new modified version.
    I seem to be encountering at a minimum 2 similar errors per week, which I am only finding when uploading new inventory. I'm uploading quite a lot at the moment.
    Because if a given lot was zeroed out on BrickOwl a new lot gets created on BrickLink that's when I notice there is a quantity still there. Mostly it's been dark stone gray, however the last one was red-brown.

I'm hoping someone else will come forward, have a similar issue, perhaps we could compare notes
  • edited December 2020 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @beaverbrick
    I'm going to have to backtrack on that, I've actually confused myself now!

But I am wondering if the last sentence maybe the case, updating another lot in addition which may explain the inexplicable
  • I used bricksync for a while (don't anymore). The only issue I had with it was when I accidentally put a backslash in one of the remarks. Totally messed the program up; it would keep reverting my entire inventory back a few days.

I have seen several complaints similar to yours the last several months on the other site; what I noticed is that everyone who is getting these inventory errors is using brickstock (I don't use brickstock and haven't had any problems that don't lead back to human error). So perhaps the problem lies with that program?
  • If it would be Bricksync itself then there would be more people having issues (including me).
    To me this more looks like an issue that there is a mismatch between some BL lots and BO lots.

@Graham
    the part that was ordered 24 from. You said that the part in question showed you had 24 less than in BO/BL inventory. Please look at the BL lot ID and search for that number in your BO inventory, it should come up with the same item.
  • @BasKrie I'm not saying bricksync has problems, I'm saying that perhaps Brickstock does, or maybe a combination of brickstock and bricksync.
  • @firestar246 sorry, I misread that, you indeed did not say that, I just read it like that.
  • @BasKrie No problem. :) There's so many "brick" programs and sites, it's hard to keep track of which one is being referred to. :smiley:
  • @BasKrie
    Will do, ive been getting more orders than I can handle at the moment, so haven't had any time to follow up yet.
    I've got a more recent error that will be easier to chase down, being not so far back in time.

@firestar246
    It's good to know I'm not alone, I find posts get lost over there so haven't been keeping up. I'll have to look at my remarks
    I think I only use . and - symbols. However the errors appear to be pretty random, and I only notice them when the lot in question gets zeroed out by BrickOwl order. Then the next upload creates a new lot of that part on BrickLink

I like the user interface using brickstock, and really don't like the idea of using a cloud based syncing service, having all combined sales data in the hands of a competitor, doesn't seem the best thing to do - unless they share it? I don't think they do.
  • Still no means to track it. Latest "disappearing" parts include qty95 "Dark Stone Gray Technic Brick 1 x 6 with Holes (3894)" !!
    Brickowl history checks out. Can't track history on BL (unless there's a function I'm unaware of)

It seems lots just literally disappear - frustrating