Bricksync - Too Many connection!

Hello everybody,

Maybe you can help me. Bricksync has not worked properly for a few days. The error message keeps appearing:

WARNING: BrickOwl HTTP Error - Saving server reply (374 + 0 bytes) at path "data \ errors-2020-11-28 \ 04851.txt".
WARNING: Bad reply from server, trying again shortly ...
ERROR: Too many connection errors, giving up.
WARNING: BrickOwl HTTP Error - Saving server reply (374 + 0 bytes) at path "data \ errors-2020-11-28 \ 04852.txt".
WARNING: BrickOwl HTTP Error - Saving server reply (374 + 0 bytes) at path "data \ errors-2020-11-28 \ 04853.txt".
WARNING: BrickOwl HTTP Error - Saving server reply (374 + 0 bytes) at path "data \ errors-2020-11-28 \ 04854.txt".
WARNING: BrickOwl HTTP Error - Saving server reply (374 + 0 bytes) at path "data \ errors-2020-11-28 \ 04855.txt".
WARNING: BrickOwl HTTP Error - Saving server reply (374 + 0 bytes) at path "data \ errors-2020-11-28 \ 04856.txt".
WARNING: BrickOwl HTTP Error - Saving server reply (374 + 0 bytes) at path "data \ errors-2020-11-28 \ 04857.txt".
WARNING: BrickOwl HTTP Error - Saving server reply (374 + 0 bytes) at path "data \ errors-2020-11-28 \ 04858.txt".
WARNING: Failed to resolve missing BOIDs, use the owlresolve command to try again.

It looks like there is no connection to BrickOwl, at least that's what it says in the TXT files.

What's going on there? Has BrickOwl been brought to its knees a little now?

Comments

• 15 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Are you able to show what the server reply is?
  • Here are 2 answers:

==== HEADERS ====
    HTTP / 1.0 429 Too Many Requests
    Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2020 07:51:59 GMT Server: Apache Strict-Transport-Security: max-age = 86400; includeSubDomains X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff Expires: Sun, 19 Nov 1978 05:00:00 GMT Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff Content-Length: 0 Connection: close Content-Type: text / html; charset = UTF-8

==== DATA ====

==== END ====

==== HEADERS ====
    HTTP / 1.0 429 Too Many Requests
    Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2020 07:51:59 GMT Server: Apache Strict-Transport-Security: max-age = 86400; includeSubDomains X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff Expires: Sun, 19 Nov 1978 05:00:00 GMT Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff Content-Length: 0 Connection: close Content-Type: text / html; charset = UTF-8

==== DATA ====

==== END ====
  • No errors in my BS, so it's not a general problem :smile:
    Did you try to restart BS?
  • I get this from time to time, been happening last few months now but I close Bricksync down and restart and after a couple or attempts it works again. Usually after I've done a blmaster on, it throws that error up when I try and do a blmaster off. Frustrating I know but I think bricksync as good as it is isn't really supported that much anymore so I'm just living with it for the time.
  • That's exactly it, I can't get out of the blmaster mode.

this has been going on for 2 days now, every 10 hours it works once and then it ends again.
  • It must be a newish bug then as it is only a recent thing and I've been using Bricksync for years, have you done a computer reboot yet? I find it just works again randomly but must admit I do worry in case it doesn't at some point, keep trying.
  • I even set up Bricksync from scratch. The orders on Brickowl are adjusted by hand in the inventory.

My last resort is that I will close BrickOwl now because it is too dangerous for me.

Earlier it was brief, then he syncronized 10 articles and then the message came back :(

Unfortunately, Brickpacker.com is not an alternative either because the page loads forever and it doesn't work either.
  • That indicates that too many API requests are being made from your IP address, in the order of thousand per minute. If this happens lots of times, the IP address is then permanently banned, which may have happened in your case. You may want to take a look at your settings, to see if you have any settings that may increase the amount of requests. if your IP address has been banned, you would need to e-mail us with your IP address and we can then remove that from the banned list, but you would first need to look at what is causing the high amount of requests.
  • Ok, I'll send you the data once.

It's strange that it works every now and then. We left the settings as they were in the standard configuration.

So I don't understand why this only affects us.
  • I'm not sure it is IP blocking as I've always managed to get it going again. I actually had it happen yesterday after I did a partout and a blmaster on, it wouldn't turn off again. 9:30 am, Too many requests error. That's all the error logs report. After a Bricksync restarta nd several blmaster off attemtos it finally worked okay. I've been holding off using other sync solutions as I'm not been overly keen on them (look quite fiddly from what I can work out). Like floathbicks, I haven't made any changes to Bricksync settings or amount of requests made. It's a bit of a mystery.
  • So in FloatBricks settings there is a setting of

brickowl.pipelinequeue = 8;

If you are having trouble with rate-limiting, if you reduce this, for example to 4, this should reduce the requests per second that Bricksync is able to make.

It is likely that these issues are is quite variable for people, as the amount of requests per second that the software is able to make, is limited by your network connection, and by how busy the Brick Owl server is. So if brick owl server is not very busy, and you have a fast connection, then it is much more likely that you will hit the rate limit, as Bricksync does not have any ratelimiting support.
  • Okay will try changing mine to 4, I do have a pretty fast connection so hoefully this will be a quick fix. Cheers Lawrence.
  • Thanks for the info - I changed it.
  • @Lawrence although I think you are more tech savvy than me, it is hard to believe that this is the issue. If I read correctly it happened (for @FloathBricks) after a BLmaster ON and trying turning that off. If that is the only thing running, there should be very much changes to the inventory for BO to lock up.
    So the question is, what did you change in the BL inventory and how many lots were changed?

When I do a BLmaster on/off I see the changes to BO being done in smaller steps, so changes to 500 lots are getting done in about 10 steps. With a 50 mbit upload, I can't believe that this stepping is due to my connection, maybe BS has some throttling in it.
  • @Lawrence Thankyou! I was having the same issue and changed it from an 8 to a 4 and it fixed it!