Uncalled for "neutral" feedback

Begin rant, gotta get it if my chest.

In 12 years across all platforms, I have not gotten anything other than positive feedback, including eBay it's close to 20,000 orders.
I work hard to keep that at 100% I always respond quickly to ANY issue and ALWAYS make good.

Yesterday I received a neutral, because a part was missing from a small order, it fell out whilst packing. He left a neutral then copy/paste same in message. I've sent the part even though I could have ignored it because damage was already done.

Friday 13 I guess. Sucks. /rant

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Why would anyone leave feedback before you know how it works out. We all make mistakes and if a seller did that for me I'd call that good service.
  • For 2 years in a row on the other site on October 17th I got a neutral! nothing from the buyers beforehand and no chance for me to do anything about it.

I reached out to both buyers to try and make things right but never got any replies so stuck with the neutrals. Like you if I do make a mistake i'll always try and make good in one way or another.

Needless to say i was relieved when Oct 17th came around this year and passed off without any neutral feedback!!
  • I do not see whats the big deal with the feedback, good or bad.
    From the 18 sells i have made i have gotten 2 total feedback.

When ever i buy from a shop, i never look at the feedback and dont expect my future customers to make a decisions from past feedback, good or bad.

We are only people and sometimes we make mistakes. I have given out negative reviews to a shop or 2, and they have asked me to maybe consider changing it when the problem was fixed. But i still want it to stand out that not all orders are correct.

I can only do my best to ever make the next order perfect. Negative, positive or nothing, i in a kind way dont really bother with them.
  • edited November 2020 Vote Up0Vote Down
    On the plus side, neutral feedback does not count "against" nor contribute to your feedback count, so that's great.

I do understand how you feel though (and compound that by your 20k orders)... I got my first and only neutral a few months ago, but the words they left were positive and it was a perfect order. Many people interpret neutral not as a negative, but rather as you each did your part, which is neutral (and to them positive is a special above and beyond).

I know it can be hard, but truly, I would ignore it and try to let it go emotionally - it wasn't a negative (which you absolutely don't deserve, of course), which is a good thing! :-)
  • @Calibrick
    Thanks for that, I realize it's not a big deal, however it is what it is, annoying really. I'm good emotionally, I focus on all the positivity that thrives here (at least)! Just a wee rant to "let go" 😤👍
  • I totally get it, Graham! It's good to "let go" sometimes! :-)
  • Some people can't stand seeing people with 100%, so they get some enjoyment out of ruining the streak.