Seller away suddenly

Hello, curious if this has happened to anyone else where you place an order, wait a few days and then when you check the seller is suddenly away. When I noticed this I sent them a quick message, but didn't know what steps I should take next if they end up being away for an extended time and how much time would be fair to give the seller?

Thanks

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Well that depends, could you specify what "away" means?
    How the shop owner / seller writting something on the shop page or what ?

And if anything, if i have not heard anything within 2 days, order confirmed, send etc. I write to the seller.
    Luckily though i have never had any big problems with buying from shops on this page.
  • Yes, how do you know they're away? That's not meant to sound like a challenge but it would affect how I would respond, along with their dispatch time.

Generally, if they haven't missed their dispatch time yet then like you I would send a message expressing concern but there's really nothing to complain about until they've missed that, but that would also depend on exactly what you know about them being away. Once that time had passed I would a few messages over the next few days (depending on my mood, frankly) before contacting admin.

As a seller I would intend to keep my buyers informed, but we all know that unexpected or emergency situations arise when we can't behave as normal.
  • Thank you for the responses. I was issued a refund without even asking for one so it all worked out. I guess I miss wrote that as the store ended up closing, here is a screenshot of what is on the page without the sellers name of course.
  • My guess is they had a very unexpected event, such as a medical emergency. :-( I am very glad you were proactively refunded! This is very, very rare from a seller as I'm sure you can imagine.