Buyer unresponsive

Hi, I don't know if this has ever happened to you but there was an order that was missing a piece (thankfully that rarely happens) and so I contacted the buyer and asked what they wanted me to do and its been awhile and they haven't responded, I don't know if they are just one of those people who just places an order and just never checks their account, or what. I don't know if I should just ship the piece, or cancel the order, or refund them... Suggestions anyone!?

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • This has happened a few times to me. I wait a week and send several messages during that time. If I never hear anything, I refund them for the missing piece, then include a note in package explaining that I tried contacting them.
  • Had this happen once, ended up canceling the order.
    It was a 10 item order with a green baseplate, which turned out to be bright green :(

So the question is whether you think it is a significant piece in the order or not, although you never can be sure how the buyer sees it. There is no generic solution for these kind of things :smile:
  • If it's obviously a significant piece, I usually do check first - but far more often, I simply refund the item and the shipping costs in full, let them know what occurred on the refund page (and apologize), and send the rest of the parts out without contact. So long as they get their shipping costs back, I'm not costing them extra $$ in having to order the item from another vendor. We all make mistakes (particularly when dealing with 1000s of parts in data entry!), people are usually pretty understanding. :-) And at least in the US, you can write that refund off your business taxes, so there's really zero lost money on your part, either.