Buying from my Store on behalf of a Costumer and send him an Invoice - Possible?

Good morning everyone,

So, I have this costumer asking for parts from this MOC he only has in .pdf

I checked the parts in my store and added them to the shopping cart.

I understand that I can buy them from my store (neat!) but then I wouldn't pay any fees?

Now, is there any way I could send an invoice to my costumer so he could pay as a normal order and BO gets their due fees?

Would that make sense?

If that fails, is there any work around to generate a proper order (aside from asking my costumer to fill the cart himself)?

(I also thought of listing a "custom lot" so he could buy it, in order to avoid asking him to fill the cart, but what would be really cool would be to send him just an invoice pronto et voilá.)

Thoughts?

Thank you in advance and stay healthy everyone!

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I think the best and easy way is for your customer to just make an account.

All other ways will bring in more work for you and your customer.

BUT with that said, i would just take out the parts she needs, and send it to her, and then ask for paying how ever you like. Transfer to your paypal account etc.

I will not talk about fees here because i am still new to that, but i have my sets listed in more than just here on Brickowl. This is my main saleplace, but if like my neighbor comes and asks for a set, i will sell it to him without the use of brickowl.
  • Forever, hi! I've been in a similar situation - my old boss buys MOC parts from me and lets me do all the research info for him re what I carry. ;-)

What I do for him is create a Brickstore file of the parts he wants that I carry and export that to XML - then I gave him a brief step-by-step on how to load that into his own Wishlist so he can auto-fill a cart from my store using the Wishlist feature.

That seemed to be the win-win for those special customers we go the extra mile for - really, they need to process the order themselves from start to finish in order for BO to get its fair share.

The only other way I've found that works is using my husband - he has a BO account that sees use when he's shopping for me occasionally (say hi Rishidan!). I've loaded his cart with parts for a customer and use their shipping address, with us buying it directly to ensure all fees are processed and that we have the order in our books properly. I then email admin just to let him know we're doing that (I've only done this once or twice since we've opened), just in case there's an issue. Then have the customer reimburse before actual shipment via PayPal. That method also removes the parts from your inventory, records, gets fees properly, et al.
This discussion has been closed.