LEGO acknowledgement of "Fan sites" and retailers

Just noticed this under "Replacement parts for older sets"

"Of course, there are also a bunch of fan websites and other retailers around that might still have the part you’re looking for. Keep in mind that these aren’t our sites so the LEGO Group isn’t responsible for their content, and the items they’re selling could be new or used."

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hmm but no links or name mentioning ?

If not, then Lego is not really helping much. I mean, if they are to say something about "us" why not go all out. For the normal Lego customer, i would not expect them to know of this site, or any other right away.
  • I'm surprised LEGO isn't just pointing to BL only, as they now own it...? (NOT complaining if they aren't, to be clear! <s>)
  • Yes, a bit odd, you would have thought they would want traffic to their BL site
  • If I search example LEGO 3001
    Search results are

#3 is BL
    #4 Rebrickable
    #6 BrickOwl

LEGO themselves don't show in search results until 2nd page!
  • That is too funny... my guess is they are not actively pursuing search engine positioning, e.g., appropriate use of tags in their code, etc.?
  • Their primary business is selling sets. If I search for Lego in combination with a current set number they are near the top of the first page. I guess they're less concerned about being near the top of search results for loose parts.
  • edited November 2020 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Graham I suppose this is outdated info from before they acquired BrickLink. Lego is not famous for perfection regarding their website. The Czech version of "Replacement parts for older sets" doesn't even contain the passage you quoted.
  • @Pikka lol "LEGO is not famous for perfection regarding their website" is an understatement!
  • I guess it goes well together with BL considering how web development is done there...