Catalog Contribution Points for IDs

Hello together,
we have had this discussion a few time ago regarding the Catalog Contribution Points for Adding IDs.
Today I do not receive any points for adding the BL-ID. Yes, I know that this site which use this ID does not like to see their number any there else. But I think if we add the BL-IDs to the items it helps Brick Owl a lot. All the synchronization tools have the possibility to link now between the other site and here. That means, Brick Owl is getting more items to be sold.

Today I update a lot of BL-IDs. It's a pleasure to help, but it would be also good to get some point feedback.

My suggestion is that Lawrence adds a Catalog Contribution Point "ID adding" with 1 Point. Nobody from the other site will see for which ID we have received the points.

What do you think and how do you handle the missing BL-IDs?

Best regards,
Oliver from Bricks-Shop.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi Oliver! Based on old discussions here, there is definitely legal issue and agreement between the two sites which appears to go back some years, which is why they do not display BL IDs here...

For those same legal reasons, I could definitely see good reasons for hesitancy about promoting and going so far as rewarding the proactive addition of other site IDs? Just my guess and humble two cents.

I would note though, there is a catalog contribution field already for ID numbers...
  • Well noted @Calibrick . Many of us newcomers have read Forum posts and responses from 4- 5- 6- years ago including uncharacteristically verbose ones from the wisest person we’ve never met, @Lawrence, while the BrickOwl we Love today was trying to navigate the litigious behavior threatened.
    Thank you to all who have provided images- best on the Web!, and such a great site for both LEGO and BrickSet provided graphics! 🙂
This discussion has been closed.