Anonymized analytics?

Is there a way to see the usage analytics of brickowl.com? I mean the number of visits/sessions and the number of orders over time.
Not specific per store or shop, but really the overall platform analytics data. Also no personal or monetary data.

The reason(s):
- I notice a dip in number of orders in my store. I would like to see if it's a general trend or if there might be something in my store specifically (shipping costs, some error in configuration and what not).
- As we are running an online store, analytics can give tremendous insight to optimize our stores. And as we can optimize our stores to generate more income, it will generate more income for BO as well. Win-win.

Can this data be made available?

By the way: store specific funnel analytics would be extremely useful as well: it would give me more insight where the visitor drops out of the sales process. I understand this would be harder to implement.

Comments

• 13 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I would like something like this as well.

What i would also like is to see our active cards. Not the person buying, no personal info, just simply what is in the cards at the moment, again to see what people like most or think of buying ( hopefully ) :-D
  • @Gaston.La.Brick I too have noticed a drop off in sales. Still trickling in but quiet compared to recent months. As far as the UK is concerned I have guessed (and it is only a guess) that with Covid-19 cases rising and enhanced restrictions in place, coupled with the end of our furlough scheme, that people are prioritising their money on more essential things than LEGO. Normally at this time of year I would expect an uptick in orders (shorter days, more time spent indoors). Who knows? Could be many factors.
  • Ditto above, but honestly, my own analytics from the past 2.75 years shows this is entering the dead time... my store (based on my emphasis on used parts) seems to dip really low as people focus on sets, etc., for holiday gifts, then seems to take off December 26th leading into my consistent busiest month, January. I think people get $$ for holiday gifts and spend it on parting out sets maybe?

Obviously this year's COVID-19 stay-at-home orders skewed data - combined with LEGO Masters premiere - to create a longer all-time high sales duration during Spring, but for my store, this is normally the dead zone through late December (yet I'm still seeing maybe 6-15 orders a week, which is actually really awesome!). Last year at this time - with a BIGGER inventory on-hand (Spring wiped me out here) - I was only doing a handful of orders a week.

COVID behavior during the forthcoming major family-oriented holidays could throw historical data out the window though in some regions/cities. :-(
  • Excellent information Calibrick. Since we just opened, I will attribute a slow start to the season. Thank you!
  • Good to hear - so to speak - it seems to be a trend and isn't specific to my shop.
    Regardless of this trend, the feature request is still a valid one to be able to see these numbers ourselves.
  • I admit, I'd be super-interested in that data as well (anonymized of course, as OP suggested). Upvoting. :-) If there are competition concerns about making the data public, perhaps access could be constrained in some way, e.g., maybe only to active sellers that have been members for X duration or have X feedback. Just thinking out loud!
  • I would be quite interested to learn what was in the carts; I do see the numbers rise quite sharply at times, and assume these are carts created by external sites rather than users. I don't do sales on other sites, but ebay does show if someone is watching a lot for instance, so maybe having something which shows which part are in carts, minus any quantities of course ..
  • Thank you @carlptaylor for the input. Can you hit the vote button on this topic (in the overview of the forum topics). I don't know if the number of votes actually influence the chance of a feature being implemented, but you never know :smile:
  • I think the number of votes definitely influences how hard admin considers an item (realistically, some requests cannot be implemented due to legal reasons, implementation cost vs. return on investment, etc.). :-)
  • I think most of my carts waiting is people using the wish list feature. From there you can add to a stores cart without actually visit the store.

When ever i buy parts from my wish list, i make sure i delete my carts. But apart from that, making those exact shopping places and carts that fill your wish list is sometimes hard. And i think this is the main reason i have 12 carts open at the moment. And those that do buy is a person who does it right away.

If i update my page and an hour or more goes buy when a new cart is not bought, i dont count that anymore as a possible sale.
    Hence why i too would love to see those carts. No personal info needed for me to know who wants to buy something, simply just WHAT.
  • Anything new about all of this ?
  • From someone who is strictly a customer, my open carts are usually hard to find but not urgent items I can't justify buying by themselves but would if I found enough other items at that store.

I have no problem with sellers knowing what is in my cart if it improves stores.
  • I very much doubt BO will ever:-

- allow stores to see the contents of open carts

- give out information related to the platform's performance

The former may be useful but is open to abuse from unscrupulous sellers, and the latter is commercially sensitive.
This discussion has been closed.