Inventory update?

Is there a reason why the total value of your store includes the lots that are at 0?.. So to get an accurate total value of your store you would have to go though your hole inventory and delete all the lots that are at 0. I don't know about you guys but I don't have time to delete 300+ lots. Is that a programing issue and if so can we change it?.. @Lawrence?..

Comments

• 14 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'm not sure I understand. When you say 'lots that are at 0' do you mean empty lots that have zero items? If so then those lots will have a value of zero and won't affect your total store value.
  • yes lots that have 0 items in them but have been sold before so they have the price still on them even though there is 0 items in that lot.. if that makes sense.
  • or lots that are just in stock room but not for sale.
  • They are two different scenarios.

Lots that have zero items have a price but don't have a value, zero times any price is still zero, they won't affect your total store value. So no, you don't need to delete all of your empty lots.

Lots that have a quantity but are not For Sale are included in your total store value. By having those quantities in your inventory you are saying you have that stock even if it's not for sale.
  • ok... Thanks for the help!
  • I remember this being brought up last year - I know I had urged no to auto-deleting empty lots (though would have zero issue if they were removable on seller demand like a button, etc.) as I reuse those same entries when I add new inventory of those items... since I have to keep two sets of books (one BO inventory, then combining that offline with my weighted average history of mycost for that part for tax purposes), it creates a lot more work for me to recreate those lots every time I restock a sold out part. :-)
  • Of course you could suggest a total value without not for sale items somewhere, or an option on the inventory screen to exclude them from the totals there.
  • As Calibrick write, i think the same reason. That they are there if you get some of those bricks back into your inventory, then you dont have to create a new entry but can quickly use old entries.

Now compared to the prices still being there is another thing of cause. So maybe a "hide" option or something could be suggested :-)
  • Well those "entry" that have 0 items in them.
    So as to what PhilFT writes, they do not count towards to total amount in parts value.
    But we still have them in our inventory, if we get those parts home again, or just want to have them listed for our own statistic etc.
  • Zero item lots don't count towards the total value in Inventory.
  • Huh okay, well no less, i have deleted what ever i had 0 of if i sold out.
    I rather not have them shown in my inventory for my own sake :-P

And well i have a small store, so i almost know for certain that i wont get that piece again.
    But good to know anyway that they dont count towards to total value.
  • :smile: I used to do that, I don't bother now. As Stellar said you can just show the zero item lots so it's easier to delete them, there's a quantity filter on the left of the Inventory page and then you can do a Mass Update Delete.