Items missing "dimensions"

Hey all.

I have a few parts listed under this "topic" in my task list.
BUT when i fold out the list, i can only see the part i have in a category. I have a hard time, figuring out what dimensions is missing and if it does matter or not.

Actually i would like to hide this part from my Dashboard view, mostly because it ruins the view of maybe having "order task" to do. So for me at least it distracts me, because i think i have an order ready, but then just notice that its this thing that keeps popping up.

So with this being said. Can this be disabled for my profile, or are there a better view of how to complete this "task / missing dimension "

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited October 2020 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Philip! Items missing dimensions means that the main BO catalog entry is missing the actual item size or packaging dimension in some cases. If you wanted to help the community and do a solid, you see what that part is, go to that part's actual catalog entry, view all colors (you want to edit size in the main entry, not in a color's entry), and input the measurements in mm for part size or packaging size. It doesn't normally nag for packaging size except when the part is prepackaged and listed as new, so if it's used, it's likely missing a part size.

This helps you personally a lot as if someone buys it, BO can then autocalc the shipping cost of that item for your buyer. And it does the same for everyone else then... plus you earn catalog points toward prizes, free fees, appearing on the home page, and so on. It's actually really awesome to edit the catalog (just be careful obviously, as what you input affects every single seller - hence why all entries are prevetted by the admin). :-)
  • Oh, maybe that is my problem, i dont think about looking at the main entry, but only look at the part / color i have.
    I will try to look into that, maybe that can help me with a better understanding :-P