WHAT THE

BRICK OWL SHUT MY STORE FOR NO REASON WILL TAKE TO COURT

Comments

• 20 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Maybe its temporary problem with the site
  • Have you been in touch with admin to find out why or if there's an issue??
  • MAYBE COVID CRAZY CANNOT MOVE GOALPOST AFTER 5 YEARS OFF TRADING YOU MEAN TO SAY YOU NEED AT LEAST 1 SHIPPING QUOTE WHERE AS MY STORE HAS NO PROBLEM AFETER ALL THESE YEARS QUOTE ONLY
  • What's with these unfriendly people with all caps and no punctuation all of a sudden?
  • no but i have had enough of being dictated to how to run your own business when it is running sweet no negative feedback being told you need to give 1 shipping method after years with giving shipping quote only so can anybody give me a reason to change my store of shipping methods
  • Brick Owl isn't telling you how to run your business, it's telling you how to use the site.
  • Theres always the other place, if don't like selling here
  • no you are wrong it's telling you need at least 1 shipping method that is why they have closed my store
  • my store has been running shipping quote only so no need to change the rules on shipping methods unless the store want's to
  • Technic Mad Mike do not tell me where to sell annoyed with being told what to do with my own business
  • Lisa, did you see this?
    "Lawrence August 15
    To help ensure that customers can easily place orders in stores, we now require that stores have at least one shipping method other than "Request a Quote". This will only affect new stores or stores that are closed."
    Was your store closed by you prior to the enforced closure?
    Also you say, no negative feedback in your store, but your feedback rating is 99.9% so there must be at least one negative feedback, or was that you as a buyer?
    Miffy.
  • Every online marketplace changes its rules now and again. If Brick Owl wants every store to have at least one shipping method, that's their prerogative. That's not them telling you how to run your business, that's them determining how to run their own. You don't like the change? You're free to use another marketplace (or create your own).
  • Miffy the negative was from the exact problem about shipping I quoted large letter when it should off been small parcel when I had only just opened my store not knowing the cost of shipping cancelled the order since then never had a issue over 1500 orders
  • is it really that hard just to add another shipping option?. we all follow the rules here to make this site a good experience for the customer. I was just making a suggestion :smile:
  • good for you hope you wear a mask i run my store good thanks Mad MIKE
  • You do realise that everyone has access to these forums, sellers and buyers and people checking out the site encase they want to do business.
    Your outburst is beyond un-professional and you may regret it when you scare away potential buyers with your unhinged rants.

Calm down add 1 shipping method and message the admins.
  • you hope I wear a mask is a odd comment for this topic!!! its a shame about you're attitude really I have ordered in you're store before, and I was planning on ordering again
  • Lisa Smart, this is the admin's playground - we all pay for the privilege of playing in it. You have zero legal standing and must accept the terms of service like the rest of us - you and your store are not any more nor any less special than every other individual and store on this site.

Threatening this site does a disservice to only your reputation (particularly how you treated TechnicMadMike above, who frankly only offered two factual comments, one of which was pretty darned helpful and you respond with some bizarre off-topic thing). The only one you are truly hurting here is you and your store, which is truly a shame - your store feedback appears fantastic and clearly you work very hard. :-(

Rather than threatening the site you pay to be allowed to use (and abuse your peers - SO not cool), why not instead politely email the admin and ask why your store is no longer grandfathered? There is either a great reason for that or a bug, either of which I have no doubt you'd be quickly informed of if you asked the admin courteously.

The professional thing to do is show respect to your peers (and apparently actual customers, it looks like - you understanding how self-defeating that is, right?) who are responding to a post you started - you do realize it's not their fault there was a rules change several months ago that you appear to disagree with?
  • @lisa smart: to be honest, this is not a way of communication and to reach anything. Have your emotions under control and ask the community your questions. Or contact Lawrence for any cases. But, please, stay friendly. I would never help anybody shouting the threads into the round.
  • I am amazed by such an outburst!

I have said in other threads that Lawrence is very approachable and hands on and quickly addresses issues and repairs to you. If I was buying, and saw this post, I would definitely think twice abut buying from her shop.

I have worked in business from many years and the "lets shout, yell and show them who's the boss approach" was very much a theme during the 80's and died off pretty quickly along with the companies who adopted that approach. Nobody likes the shouter / ranter!

Be nice, it works!