No tax added to order

We have enabled taxes on domestic orders, and it is working great.
Except - on order 7883943 there was no tax added. I poked around a bit, and the one thing that stands out is that the customer has set her state to be "ONT" (for Ontario) on both shipping and billing address (the Paypal address shows the correct "ON" state). I assume this will cause BO to not match any tax rules.

@Lawrence can you confirm this?

Tnx, Niek.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • This is interesting and I'm so glad you brought this up. I didn't even notice, but I just had one that was JUST like that where it said ONT. I'm going to start going through now to verify the history of orders to see how often this has been happening.
  • edited October 2020 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Editing what I wrote to update. 5 orders since Oct 5: 2 for Ontario, 1 for Quebec, 1 for Alberta and 1 for British Columbia. Prior to this, the problem never occurred based on the report I pulled @Lawrence

Order #s: 8613415, 3258040, 1900934, 6432493 and 6828865
  • Thank you for bringing this to our attention, it looks like there was a bug in the checkout process introduced on 26/10 which meant that address validation was not enforced. This has now been fixed, and all invalid user addresses have been fixed. Unfortunately there isn't something we can do about existing orders that have been placed.

I apologise for the inconvinience caused
  • Hi @Lawrence An order just came in and it's still bugged :( Order # 8033609 This buyer is from Alberta
  • I see that order, possibly they were already making the order, I'm not sure, I will check it again tomorrow to see if there is an issue still.
  • FYI - we haven't seen the issue since - looks like it is working OK.

Niek.